• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Slingshot ammunition

Started by possumal, October 01, 2010, 03:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

possumal

In case any of you are interested, I underwent an operation on Wednesday the 29th at Central Baptist Hospital.  The procedure was called "Left Percutaneous Nephrostolithotomy", done by my urologist, T. R. Grimm.  It involves going up through your joystick and putting a tube into a kidney, and then drilling a hole in your back, inserting a tube into an incision in the involved kidney, and then vacuuming kidney stones out.  It has not been a pleasant experience to say the least.  I have to go back Monday to get the tube out of my back.  Here is a picture of the kidney stones, with the biggest ones about 1/4" long and 1/8" thick and the smallest about the size of a bb.  I will appreciate a few prayers  from you friends.  I didn't even know any such operation could be done to an old marsupial.  If any of you need some slingshot ammo, this might work.  :laf: :eyebrownod: :nono:

Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

slagmaker

Friend of mine went through the same procedure a few months back.

Hang in there buddy. Prayers are on there way.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Hawks Feather

KySongDog

Dayum, Al!!  I didn't know you were in the hospital and YES we are interested.  Me for sure. 

I cringe just thinking about that operation.  :whew:   Glad to hear you got through it.  It has got to make you feel better in the long run. 

Hang in there! 

alscalls

Prayers sent buddy........  DANG that looks painful......
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

iahntr

We'll do !
That doesn't sound, or look, like any fun !
Like Semp said, gotta be better in the long run !
Scott

WhiteHare

Double OUCH! 
I passed a stone the size of a grain of sand and thought I was going to die.  It put me to the ground with pain prior to it's passing.

You're a better man than I.

Did he give any advice to help keep them from returning?
WhiteHare Lanyards
Richard Hughes

www.white-hare.com
whitehare@white-hare.com

Frogman

possumal,

Whoa!!??  That sounds rough!  Probably better having them out where you can photograph them than where they were?  Hang in there!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

HaMeR

:shock2:   :holdon:   :sad3: :sad3: Up thru the what???????????? 

Hang in there Al!! It'll only get better from here on out for ya!!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

vvarmitr

Yee yowzers! ! !  :puke:

You definitely have my prayers.
Then again you look at it; that's 8 kidneystone attacks you didn't have.  :whew:

possumal

Thanks to all for your kind wishes.  HaMeR, I think it used to be my joystick.  I don't have any lack of memory in that area.  :laf:  As far as keeping yourself kidney stone free, that is a complicated subject.  To begin with, kidney stones are caused differently in different people.  Some are mostly calcium, some limestone, some urolic acid so the water where you live could have a lot to do with having them, and your diet can be a big factor.  For instance, people generally believe that eating a lot of green, leafy salads is healthy, but that can cause kidney stones in some people.  Drinking a lot of filtered water is normally a good thing, and I have never known a beer drinker who had trouble with kidney stones.  The urologists don't seem willing to give out many definite rules pertaining to them.  Maybe they are a lot like our coyotes, "Never say never".
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

nastygunz

HOLY SHEET that dont sound fun :huh:...glad to here your ok and still have a sense of humor about the whole thing  :yoyo:

vayotehowler

Someone I knew used to eat ice cream every night and was a sweet tea drinker and had stones all the time , Urologist said the sugar and tannins in the tea were makin the stones form

Huntinbull

Prayers incoming! Think those things would make good rattles in fishing lures? Found something that looked like that in my popcorn at the movies last time i went.

Passed three small kidney stones as a younger man. none bigger than a pinhead. Seriously thought about having the offending member filleted open to ease their exit. Codeine was my friend.
Huntinbull

Christian Outdoorsman. Certified Ohio Hunter Ed and Trapper Ed Instructor.

possumal

If I were still doing my Bill Dance imitation, I'd have to explore the possibility of getting the stone put inside various sizes of Rattletraps, or maybe the bigger ones could go inside a pro sized Mudbug!   :madd: :laf: :eyebrownod: :nono:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

kyfuzzyface

Sorry to hear that Al, Just hang in there things has to get better. Take care of yourself.
Fuzzy

possumal

After going through another sleepless day and night yesterday day & evening, (no sleep since Sept. 28), my appointment with the urologist was 10:45 this morning, supposedly to get the access tube taken out of my back and no doubt starting some serious recovery.  Should have known my luck would prohibit that.  As it turns out, 2 stones were missed due to circumstances that cropped up during the procedure, so I have to meet him at the hospital Wednesday morning early with no food after midnight Tuesday night, and he will go right back through the access tube he left in, and get the two sneaky ones out with the scope, total time involved less than 30 minutes, no anesthesia putting me under, but just a local and some numbing, able to get rid of the tube and go home within a couple of hours.  I am at the end of my patience rope, if I truly ever had any.  Keep old possum in your thoughts and prayers. Heck, I'm a non nocturnal, English talking, upright walking marsupial, for heaven's sake!   :laf: :eyebrownod: :nono: :rolleye:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

coyote101

Still praying for you Al. Hang in there.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

KySongDog

Suck it up and hang in there, Al.   Better times are a comin'. 

Carolina Coyote

I have had Kidney Stones so I know the pain, sure hope you have a good recovery. cc