• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

I almost forgot

Started by Bopeye, October 22, 2010, 01:04:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bopeye

I don't think I told anyone that while I was cleaning out my Lilacs this Saturday I had a most interesting experience. I was pulling some weeds when I felt like someone applying pressure to my left index finger. I lifted my hand to see what was going on and there was a little brown snake chewing like crazy on my finger.  :sick2: It was only about a foot long and about the thickness of a #2 pencil. Size didn't matter to me though. I shook my hand rapidly as if I was trying to get a booger to fly off my finger and was lunging backward all at the same time.  :sad3:
My wife asked me what was going on, so I calmly told her that I had been bitten by a snake. I had decided that since I only had minutes to live, I might as well enjoy them with by beloved wife. She ran over to me, because (she later told me) she thought I was fixing to fall over dead. My face had turned white and I was moving back and forth like a drunk man.  :shrug:
She went and got our neighbor who calmly picked the snake up and said, "It's no big deal, it's just a little ground snake". Whatever the hell that is..... :shock2:
He told us that I would live, but I still wasn't convinced. I was for sure that I was in the preliminary stages of a massive heart attack.  :huh:
Needless to say, I survived, but once again I was done with yardwork for the weekend.
That makes two weekends in a row that something has chewed on me while I was working in my own yard.   :pout:
I think this Saturday I will just go get a few cold beers, set on my couch and watch football. Surely nothing will bite me in there............Will it???  :wo: :holdon:

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

KySongDog

American yard work is one of the most dangerous occupations there is.  Even ranks above logging and Bering Sea crab fishing.    :readthis:

I refuse to participate.    :nofgr:

FinsnFur

:alscalls: As I read into that I thought you were going to drag us with into the house to share your last moments alive with you and your wife.  :sick2:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

alscalls

Sounds like you need to go kill some stuff....... in the yard.......  :eyebrownod:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

pitw

I say what I think not think what I say.

Yotehntr

:confused:   I notice you were the only one who saw the snake in this story...  sure you ain't just trying to get out of yard work?   :alscalls:   :alscalls:   :alscalls:

Opps  I'm going to have to get some glasses.   :doh2:
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

Carolina Coyote

Bopeye

Quote from: Carolina Coyote on October 22, 2010, 08:50:59 AM
What no picture? cc

Are ya kidding CC?

I don't know if you are aware of this, but me and Mr. No Shoulders don't get along.  :nono:

Jimmie in Ky

And here I thought you were a true son of hte south.  :noway: Didn't even get a good look at the snake what bit ya . Heck I found 3 garter snakes this summer working in hte yard myself. I didn't think it was that big a deal. Your supposed to pet them and move them to safetey before ya go and try and mash'em with yer grubby paws.  :nono:

Almost forgot about the black racer that tried to get on hte riding mower with me. He got in to big a hurry and wound up in hte belts. Greased 'em well enough they slipped for the rest of the day. Still not that big a deal.  :biggrin: Jimmie

Hawks Feather

Well it might have been a ground snake, but most snakes like the ground.  I am sorry to hear about your finger, but glad it wasn't a little rattle snake.  From what I have heard the little one injects all their venom where an adult only injects a small amount.

I do think you need to rethink the yard work.

Jerry

Jeb

LMAO   Bop and Semp ! !!!!  :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls:  I can hear that neighber saying sniff sniff, I smell s__t !  :holdon: :holdon:

Bopeye

Quote from: Jeb on October 23, 2010, 06:48:36 PM
  I can hear that neighber saying sniff sniff, I smell s__t !  :holdon: :holdon:

Thanks a lot Jim. I wasn't gonna mention that part.  :nono:

5 SHOTS

Quote from: Bopeye on October 22, 2010, 01:04:26 AM
there was a little brown snake chewing like crazy on my finger. It was only about a foot long and about the thickness of a #2 pencil.

I was waiting for someone else to say, it but nobody seems to want to express their true thoughts, so here goes. I just can't believe how mean you are, shoving your finger down that poor, little, baby snakes throat in an obviously cruel attempt to choke it to death.  :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls:
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

Bopeye

:alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls:

BITE ME ART!!!!

:laf: :laf: A funny guy eh?  :wink:

alscalls

Did the snake die from the fatal bite....?    :hahaha:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

vvarmitr

I'd of loved to have seen the video of that!!!

On a serious note: non-poisonous snake bites can be infectious.   :huh:

shaddragger

Quote from: Bopeye on October 22, 2010, 01:04:26 AM

I think this Saturday I will just go get a few cold beers, set on my couch and watch football. Surely nothing will bite me in there............Will it???  :wo: :holdon:

Just your wife if you don't finish that yard!!
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

coyotehunter_1

Danged, Bop...  :huh: I''m certainly glad you are ok. :whew:

I need to get you away from all that dangerous stuff and into something a whole lot safer.... like coyote hunting.  :wink:

Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

Bopeye

Quote from: coyotehunter_1 on October 24, 2010, 08:12:22 PM
Danged, Bop...  :huh: I''m certainly glad you are ok. :whew:

I need to get you away from all that dangerous stuff and into something a whole lot safer.... like coyote hunting.  :wink:

I'm ready to go. CCP has already killed 4 in the last two weekends, so we got to get started.  :wink:

vayotehowler

bop , handled alot of snakes and never been bitten/ I would get out of the yard too . and thanks ill let my wife know she on me to do some now but is hunting season so i ll tell her u story. Not sure u wont get bitten if sitting on the couch . Depends on what u like and what kinda mood the wife is in  :eyebrow: :alscalls: