• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

montana trip part 5

Started by nor-cal yote, November 16, 2010, 09:09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nor-cal yote

On the night of Nov 7th about 9PM it started to snow :highclap: :highclap: We had been seeing elk, and a few deer, the guys I hunt with don't hunt deer much they concentrate on elk. The morning of Nov 8th we made a push through a section of timber we saw elk move into the night before, with about a foot of new snow it was quieter walking. There was tracks everywhere, beds and scrapes where the elk had moved the snow to eat the grass. As we made are way through the timber we could here the elk ahead of us but could not see them. The elk came out of the timber on the opposite side of where we thought they would come out, and a couple of hunters from Washing got a couple of shots at them, they shot 1 cow and 1 bull a big 5x5.
    We went to another spot and had lunch while we were making sandwiches, my friend Pat said a doe had just come out of the timber into a clear cut, I went and got my gun and range finder. When I ranged the doe it was 408 yards. Then Pat said a buck just came out  of the same place. I didn't have a shot until he turned broadside at 348 yards, I turned my scope up to 350 and pulled the trigger and he jumped and arched his back then ran about 10 yards where I could not see him any more. pat asked if I thought the shot was good, I told him (L) yah. We walked about 30 yards down the ridge looking across the drainage and saw him piled up. I walked down into the drainage and up the other side, took out the camera and it would not work :argh: :argh:
     Me and Pat loaded the buck up in a sled, and hooked the rope winch and pulled him up to the truck.
never yell whoa in a horse race

FinsnFur

Quote from: nor-cal yote on November 16, 2010, 09:09:13 PM
I walked down into the drainage and up the other side, took out the camera and it would not work :argh: :argh:

WOooooooooo Doggy! You just barely got away with not including a pic with this one Bud.  :whew:

:laf: :laf:

I'm sure we'll get one yet, one way or another. In the main time...congrats!  :congrats: Sounds like a real nice shot too!
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com