• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

called in a bobcat

Started by jdbp, December 08, 2010, 12:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdbp

well my buddy has got a few pics of some cats on his deer cam, so i went to his farm this morning. It was a dry run nothing moving there, I say to myself I know were some public land is real close so i take off. I had saw some cat tracks there last time i hunted it. on my second set at this spot I think i hear something when i stopped the spitfire. I'm set up on a steep bank overlooking this big holler. I look to my right and on the same bank I'm on there is a bobcat. well my gun is on the sticks  pointed towards the holler. What do i do now?? He is looking right at me!! well i flip off the safe on the ar, he is taking those stealthy cat steps that take 8 seconds and finally goes behind a lil tree I slowly move my gun off the sticks,they fall and hit my legs. he looks up as I'm slowly making the 90 degree turn to my right. finally i see him in the scope i think I'm on his chest BANG. no need for a follow up shot, he already is in the next county. My first called in bobcat and i blew it!!! :madd:

coyote101

Well you know you're in the right place and the calling is working. Sounds like a great morning. You'll get him next time.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

bigben

Go back and call it again.  he should stay in the area.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Carolina Coyote

I had one bust me a couple of weeks ago, he saw me before I saw him but at least he will still be around and sooner or later I 'l get him.  :eyebrownod: cc

iahntr

Frustrating I'm sure, but a very cool experience none the less !!
Scott

weedwalker

At least you got to shoot at something. :biggrin: Maybe we can get 'em tomorrow.