• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Left the old woman at home

Started by John_NY, December 12, 2010, 03:46:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John_NY

I got out today alone "no old woman bitching"  and made a set about a mile behind a farm on the edge of a meadow,  It warmed up today and snow was melting with a light misty rain and no wind to speak of. I used one of my open reed calls and called for about a minute maybe a little less then just sat and waited. It took about 4 minutes and this fella came trotting  in. I have no idea what he weighs but he felt heavy, but then again I am getting old and arthritic.  He's pretty dark for this area. They are usually more gray.

Lesson learned, leave the old gal at home and enjoy my hunting.  So no ladies get mad, the Mrs. agrees.    :congrats: 

John

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

KySongDog

Nice job, John!   :congrats:

I like that coyote rack on the back of your car too.  Niiiccceee!    Do you get any looks while driving through McDonalds to get a burger?   :eyebrownod:

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

pitw

Awesome John  :bowingsmilie:.  I as well like the rack  :laf: :laf:.  You could make a neat paper punch out of them canines :eyebrow:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

weedwalker

Way to go John!!! :congrats: That coyote sure does have a big tail.

John_NY

My trunk is lined in plastic but I prefer them on the outside mainly so they don't get too warm and slip on me but it is fun to get looks especially from them tree huggers. I tried to find some cardboard to write on and put a tag "I hate car chasers" on him but just couldn't find anything.

John
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Carolina Coyote

alscalls

YA shoulda put a leash on it........   :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

golfertrout

John_NY

Thanks guys. I dunno, that bungee rack works good. I've used them bungees to hold a deer on there.  Next time Al I'll get a collar and leash.   :alscalls: 

John

jdbp

Hawks Feather

Your wife couldn't stand to have fun like she did the last time?     :innocentwhistle:    Or was it that you really wanted to kill something that you could legally kill?

Jerry

wked

Way to go John! :highclap: :highclap:  Lmao at the collar and leash!

HaMeR

That is a nice coyote John. Way to go!! That red racing stripe on the trunk is over the top cool too!!!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

John_NY

You're right on both Jerry.  :alscalls:

I just got in from the shop. I had my wife watch the scales because when I picked him up I couldn't see the scales. He came in at 45 pounds on the button. I just finished skinning him. He's gonna make one nice wallhanger. I was gonna mount him up but I think us taxidermists are like mechanics, we hate working on our own stuff.  :alscalls: 

John

vayotehowler

collar and leash that reminds me of that scene in vaction, when clark griswold leaves autn ednas dog tied to the bumper, that  cop pulls em over "u know what the laws are in this state for animal cruelty, WELL no officer and the cop says "Me either but i bet they are pretty severe. nice lookin coyote there pretty color wtg