• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Honest opinions?

Started by Yotehntr, December 13, 2010, 01:44:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yotehntr

Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

HaMeR

That Walnut looks purdy fancy for just being crotch Walnut. The shape of your calls are always very user friendly.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

linemansteve

I think it's very good looking for a "field grade" call --I like them the best cause your not afraid to use them. Keep up the GREAT work Brad.   Steve    :bowingsmilie:
No signature required,my hand shake or my word is good enough.
Saw a women texting while driving and it really pissed me OFF, so I rolled down my window and threw my beer at her.

Silencer

walnut's my fav so I'm biased..  :biggrin:   love it man

KySongDog

If that dude don't like it, I know where you can donate it...................    :innocentwhistle:

:biggrin:

John_NY

Nice looking call. I like the antler mouth piece  but I bet the ebony would look good with that walnut also. I really like the  the O-ring fit mouth piece's you do. 

John
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

markTNhunter

vvarmitr

Did you really mean you want "honest opinions?"
Or everyone's opinion, but mine? :wo:
:innocentwhistle:

Yotehntr

I'll listen to anyone's James.  lol even yours.  :wink: 

alscalls

Brad,

I like it fine....... I do...... 
But I just keep looking at it and I cant put my finger on it...... Its missing something......
I dont know if its the one ring instead of two..... or maybe it needs something on the mouthpiece to balance the light and dark...  I aint putting ya down none...... You know that..... I just cant quite figure out what it is...... I just feel it needs a little something .
Could be that I have looked at that Ivory call so much that it has ruined me...... :laf: :laf:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Yotehntr

No offense taken at all Al.. this is one of my "field grade" calls... I know exactly what you're talking about (I think).. the mouth piece being antler... is just white at the "entrance" ... nothing to create depth to your eye... I'll put buffalo horn inserts in 'em from now on.  :wink: 

KySongDog

FinsnFur

I think it's awesome. It doesn't shine like a piece of sucked on candy but it still got that Bradly awesomeness . :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bigben

I never knew you made closed reeds.  I think it looks great honestly.  I Still love my open reed. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

vvarmitr

Quote from: Yotehntr on December 13, 2010, 12:14:27 PM
I'll listen to anyone's James.  lol even yours.  :wink: 
OK, you asked for it!
:eyebrownod:
Just this time don't remove the pix so no one has an idea what I'm talking about before they try & ban me.  :madd:
:laf:

Me, I never care to see the veins in the antler.  I don't care who's call it is.
There are always exceptions to the rules & I'm sure that the veins could be exposed, like leaving sap wood on a board, to ad visual interest.  :shrug:

I would have rather seen the rough exterior. Like the wane edge on a board. A natural rustic if you will.

Since I don't make calls this is like a grasshopper telling the ant how to store food for the winter.  :innocentwhistle: 
However, being an old coot & believing in the freedom of speech I feel everyone is entitled to my opinion.  ;yes;

Yotehntr

Quote from: vvarmitr on December 16, 2010, 11:10:59 AM
Just this time don't remove the pix so no one has an idea what I'm talking about before they try & ban me.  :madd:

This time opinions were asked for, and I appreciate you input James... I scrolled up and looked for what you were referring to.  It's nice to hear opinions and folks have different tastes... I may not agree, and I could and would make a change in the future to reflect it....Last time you went on a rant on a call I had for sale... I just thought of that as a rude hi-jack. So I deleted the picture and sold the call some where else.  :wink:

Todd Rahm

Its just a personal preference to me but I agree with James on the antler part.  Its just an over all look thing for me though.  :wo: Somethings I do know for sure.  :biggrin:

1. I would own it if the price was right.
2. I for sure would USE it.
3. I do like that barrel for sure.
4. And I would have preferred the other mouth piece.  :sneer:

But when ya get down to it, its all about preference of materials with your calls, because we already know the work and sound are high quality.  :shrug:

Matter fact I might need a couple like that just so I can hunt with them.  :biggrin:

HaMeR

And on the other side of the coin I'm not an antler person. I like the all wood calls. But here again my opinion on hand calls isn't worth amymore than the paper screen monitor these words are showing up on.  :laf: :laf:  Now the Buffalo horn & Ivory are different.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

HuntnCarve

I like it!  Yes, there are a few things that could be done, or accents that could be added to the antler...But as Brad can certainly tell you.  Sometimes the camera has a way of magnifying the appearance beyond that of what the human eye can perceive.  So the photograph is not representative of what is actually there?  In hand,  the call takes on a whole new look to the eye of the beholder.  This one has "winner" written all over it. :highclap: - I would not expect less from Brad.

Dave

pitw

I don't know much but I do know I like it :shrug:.
I say what I think not think what I say.