• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

So ready to see more ......

Started by LBLDOG, January 18, 2011, 01:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBLDOG

I'm so ready to see more Eastern style Hunting Videos like CCP and Brent Sexton make. I watched Foxpro this morning on Outdoor Channel and like always out west shooting yotes . Do they do this for filming reasons because you can see the Yote for a 1/4 mile away? You want to impress me on film shoot some video like CCP up close and kill them with a shotgun. Don't get me wrong shooting them @ 450 yards is impressive but 30 and 40 yards is too! But they never show our type of Hunting on TV!!

FinsnFur

I'm hearing ya.
Byron South "Running from the Call" tried to manipulate the masses with his video called Calling in the thick stuff.
He called it an eastern video cause it was supposedly filmed in East Texas. :alscalls:  Where the thickest stuff he called in was three juniper bushes side by side in a 8 foot diameter area.

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

weedwalker

Yeah, I'd like to see some of those big name western hunters come over into our world and show us how the "pros" do it. :wo:

KySongDog

I heard about a guy calling and killing 200 a year in KY and another guy traps 2000 a year in Kaintuck.  These western guys ain't got nothing on us.   :nono:

HaMeR

Quote from: weedwalker on January 18, 2011, 02:18:32 PM
Yeah, I'd like to see some of those big name western hunters come over into our world and show us how the "pros" do it. :wo:

I heared tell of a long tall Texan that tried that once. It seems he didn't fare all that well hence the lack of the video. Or was it the birth of the "Calling in the thick stuff" video.   :innocentwhistle:

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

securpro

Quote from: weedwalker on January 18, 2011, 02:18:32 PM

Yea.... Like that would ever happen. The truth is that any one can drive around in the desert till they see a yote and just setup a 1/2 mile ahead of him. Atleast thats how we used to do it  :biggrin:
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

pitw

I know for a fact I wondered what the problem was in the East when not as many coyotes were shown and I've never said anything about our coyotes here, except that we have too many and they are easy to call.  Instead of running my mouth off about what a bunch of lousy hunters the Eastern guys were I decided to take a drive first and it was an eye opener for a fact :readthis:.  I don't know if the numbers are different cause I didn't have time to count but I can damb sure guaranty the opportunities are way higher where I'm from than down there.  It's been my experience that people are lazy at best so if the mass's[not me] want to see coyotes being shot it is only natural for the producers to go West. 
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

You'll never get a Westerner to admit that Barry.
Thats the thing, the producers want to be perceived as the worlds best coyote hunter, IE: nothing can stop us, were pulling them in on strings.

That way they can get big sponsors, look like coyote gods and die rich. They wont come over here and demean themselves by trying to create a rapid fire, bang flop, Yipee KiYah video because it cant be done, and it's so much easier to belch out the western videos and claim that their techniques work anywhere there is coyotes.

Foxpro is so good at this, I actually wonder if they started the whole thing. Hey load the truck were headed west to create a video where the coyotes bounce off our truck tires pulling into a stand, man did you see how well that Foxpro worked?  :yoyo: :highclap: :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

pitw

Jim I admit it :confused:.  I wouldn't watch a video hunt to start with and if it was a Fox Pro thingy my TV might not be safe :argh:.  I've discussed with CCP why I don't watch hunt video's and he was fine with it :shrug:.  I actually dislike anyone making money from the mass's by the use of resources meant to be owned by all.  I guess maybe fools and money were really meant to be seperated :shrug:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Jimmie in Ky

It doesn't bother me if htey want to teach what we do. It bothers me that most of it is infomercials for the products.

I saw last weeks with Uncle Jay too. I bet he was disapointed when he saw it. Once again they edited out the aging of one he showed. I got an idea of what he was doing but had to hear a dang voice over instead of what Jay was telling the young man. Jay Nistetter produced a better video that what htey showed on his own.

I do have to admit there are littel tidbits of good sense in hte interviews of the folks htey are hunting with. But so little of it.

In my opinion they are not even making a decent infomercial for themselves. It could be a lot better. Jimmie

vayotehowler

I WILL have to say I agree we need more eastern videos. I like Randy Anderson vids he is a real down to earth type guy , That beign said I will say the guy they have hosing i mena hosting the new  foxpro show is horrible and so is that show . looks like kindergarten filmwork , That show is totally horrible

bigben

look up downwind outdoors on youtube.  they got some pretty cool videos shot in new york.  not sure what part of new york but they go out call, kill, and then post the hunt pretty quick on youtube.  I have watched brents video and just got ccp's video.  brents I have been recommending for a long time now.  ccp's I still need to finish yet but so far I like what I have seen.  a friend was supposed to release a video on hunting coyotes mainly in pa with some stuff from Mexico thrown in as well.  I do not know what ever happened to the project.  I have been hearing for years it was finished and he was looking for a sponsor to help out with finishing the film.  I doubt it will ever happen now because his drive seems to have diminished. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

canine

I have enough footage to do an eastern video now, financial issues are the main reason for not putting one out. It's tougher here in the east due to land rights...out west hunting permissions are so different, in the East you have to do alot of work to gain permission to hunt! The numbers are here....hunter pressure on coyotes is ten fold compared to western states. I have noticed over the years once all our deer seasons are over and 90% of the hunters are engaged in other activities rather than trompsing around the woods, coyotes calm down and respond to calls alot better! Video will be the proof of that this year. I plan on hitting them hard come mid Febuary thru March! Heres a clip of some eastern stuff from the last two seasons!

JD

FinsnFur

:yoyo: That was awesome JD, I love the very last shot/scene
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

HaMeR

Very nice JD!! Can't wait to see the rest of the video!!  :eyebrow:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

KySongDog

That sure is a nice little teaser you put together.  Can't wait to see the whole video! 

vvarmitr

Put me in a order for one JD.  ;yes;

You can't shoot 'em from the recliner,  :nono:
but I can watch it being done from there!  :corn:
:laf:

Hidehunter

:yoyo:  :yoyo: Awesome JD.  I want a copy myself.  I love CCP's vid but dont have Brett's yet.  I need to get it.
Denver                                           

jeremy

Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway.

John Wayne

canine

Thanks guy's! There might be sumthin ready by late fall of 2011....Also, I am talkin to a show now that airs on the outdoor channel about goin to work for them. If it all works out my coyote, deer and turkey footage will be run there. I'll keep you posted!

Thanks again
JD