• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

JDBP Gets His Kitty

Started by weedwalker, January 24, 2011, 01:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weedwalker

Jason (jdpb) and I planned a 1/2 day hunt for today after he dropped his kids off at school. We just went about a mile down the road from my house to a neighbors property. It has a long ridge that runs north/south. The winds were out of the south this morning, so to avoid a long walk we parked his truck at the south end, then drove my jeep back up to the north end to work our way south to hunt. It was a pretty good hike up the hill to our 1st stand. We didn't see anything there, but Jason informed me that he left his P/U keys in my jeep. So he ran back down the hill to get them. I'm just glad he noticed it on the 1st stand. We made 5 or 6 stands while moving south on the ridge with no luck. It was already lunch time and he had to leave soon to go pick up his kids. On our last stand at the very end of the ridge Jason was watching to the left thru some broomsage and scattered small pines with his shotgun. And I was watching to the right over the edge into big open hardwoods below with my rifle. I was doing some light rabbit distress on a small coaxer and in just a few minutes the female bobcat ran in just 9 steps to Jasons right side. He emptied his shotgun at her and she only ran about 15 yds and fell. At least we were at the end of our hunt and he didn't have to carry her all the way down the ridge. :biggrin: Nice cat Jason. :congrats: :congrats:

kyfuzzyface

Fuzzy

Carolina Coyote

Congratulations Jason, Good write up Weed, Thanks for sharing with us. cc

KySongDog

Congrats, Jason!   Nice calling, Ed!   :congrats:

Frogman

Now that's what I like to see.  Fur down!  Nice cat, guys.  WTG!!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

HaMeR

:shock2: Is Ol weedwalker turning into a cat magnet now too??!!  :laf: :laf:

Congratulations Jason & Ed. I've always wanted a cat & maybe some day. Til then tho,, Congratulations.  :yoyo: :yoyo:

Thanks for sharing Ed.  :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

coyote101

Congratulations Jason and Ed.  :congrats: :congrats: Way to go.  :yoyo: :yoyo:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Hawks Feather

Congratulations on the cat.  While I can't say for certain, I doubt if there would have been all that many complaints about carrying it a long way.

Jerry

bambam

linemansteve

Way to go Jason--- :highclap: Looking good---- Nice cat !!!!  Steve
No signature required,my hand shake or my word is good enough.
Saw a women texting while driving and it really pissed me OFF, so I rolled down my window and threw my beer at her.

Dave

Nice! 
Congrats to you both.  Good thing for Jason's kids he realized it about his keys then, and not outside his truck with 10 minutes left to pick them up!  That would be me. 

LBLDOG

Congrats WeedWalker on the calling and Congrats to Jason for the kill. Bobcat season ends next week too. Way to squeeze it in @ the last days of the Season

HuntnCarve

Congrats on a great hunt and story!  Ol' Ed the "cat magnet" :laf:

Dave

pitw

How far between vehicles  :shrug:.  Great story and good job. :yoyo:
I say what I think not think what I say.

weedwalker

Quote from: pitw on January 24, 2011, 06:09:16 PM
  How far between vehicles

About 1 mile Barry. It just saved us some walking. Our last couple stands were actually past his truck though.

pitw

Nice to have the option but bad to forget the keys :laf:
I say what I think not think what I say.

iahntr

Scott

Hidehunter

Denver                                           

Biscuit

:yoyo: :yoyo: Man that is one goodlooking cat!!! Nice calling  :congrats: :congrats:

jdbp

Thanks guys! And a big thanks to Ed, :bowingsmilie: as most of you know any day in the hills with Ed is an adventure!!