• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

My first Red

Started by SCcoyotehunter, January 30, 2011, 08:42:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCcoyotehunter

Hawgmaster and I were out howling and locating last night over in union. We were standing at a gate pull off when we spotted a nred fox in the field. Hawg started lip squeaking to in and called into 25 yds where I shot him with my .22 Browning Buckmark, right between the lookers.
It was awesome and what a trophy. This one is in the freezer for a possible trip to a taxidermist.

SCCH

HaMeR

Good shooting for sure & Congratulations on a nice Red.  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Hawks Feather

Yea, that is good shooting and an even better reward for good shooting.

Jerry

pitw

Great shooting.  You done real good. :yoyo:
I say what I think not think what I say.

Frogman

Wow!
That's cool.  And with a handgun too!!  WTG and good shooting!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

wked

Very nice!  Good shootin' too.

FinsnFur

Thats a real nice slice of fur. Nice job.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyote101

Congratulations, you are really slaying 'em this year.  :highclap: :highclap:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

vvarmitr

OMG! You got it w/ a 22lr pistol!!!!  :jump:
That is really a trophy!  :biggrin:

markTNhunter

nice looking red and with a 22 pistol awsom  :highclap: i cant hit mack truck with a pistol  :congrats:

recurry

Nice job! That's a gorgeous red and even better you managed to get a headshot and not trash the pelt. I shot a couple of reds earlier in the season, with a .223 V-Max, and absolutely destroyed them. I've since learned that the V-Max is not necessarily the appropriate round for foxes ;-)
Russ Curry, mobwana.com.
online mapping system for hunters.

Bluesman

Congratulations!  Nice fox.
Protect our sport.  Act like you got some sense out there so future generations can enjoy hunting too,

JB

SCcoyotehunter

The bullet really only left a pencil size hole going in and out, bullet left the building right behind the right ear. This will make a beautiful mount someday when I want to drop an ungodly amount of money to do so, which could be never, because I can think of a lot of tother toys i could buy for the price they want to mount one. . But he is in the freezer in case I get a wild hair anyways.
SCCH