• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Wv Bobcat taken last weekend

Started by wv-outdoor, February 04, 2011, 06:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wv-outdoor

Hi guys.... I'm new to the forum but love what I've been reading. Great info.. Got out last weekend finally to use my new Firestorm and mojo critter. Gotta say I like them both. Anyways on our sixth stand of the day we finally called this bobcat in. Pretty neat to get to see one sneaking to the call. She didn't waste much time coming in. We were positioned at the mouth of a hollow with the wind in our face watching up in it with a meadow to our backs. Pretty much decided nothing would cross the meadow and come in behind us. She came in from our left and behind us up on a bench. I caught movement in my peripheral vision as she was about directly left from me heading up into the hollow. She cut down the ravine between her and the decoy where my buddy was positioned watching. When she stopped at the bottom where myself and other buddy couldn't see her. The other buddy made the kill shot around 60 yds.

vvarmitr

Good story & pix ..... you're gonna fit in here just fine!  ;yes;
:biggrin:
Now which one of those fellers are you in the pix?  :wo:

Hidehunter

Good Job guys.  Where at in WV are you?
Denver                                           

wv-outdoor

We killed the bobcat on the property we bowhunt in Braxton County. We go down there quite a bit. This is the first year we have killed any predators. I missed a bobcat a few years back while bowhunting. We've seen quite a bit of sign and have heard coyotes for several years while bowhunting. Hopefully there will be more to come. We all live in Harrison County, Clarskburg and Bridgeport area.

Hidehunter

Im just about 30 min from Braxton.  i live in Nicholas Cty.  Maybe wee can hook up one of these days and do a couple stands
Denver                                           

markTNhunter

congrats nice cat looks like it has some nice spots on it too  :highclap:

Tikaani

Nice looking cat, agree with Mark looks like it has nice spots.

John
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

FinsnFur

Very cool! :yoyo: Welcome to the site by the way.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bambam

iahntr

Scott

Frogman

WTG on the cat!!  Welcome to the site!  Bunch of great guys on here.  I'm in Wood County WV!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

wked

That's what you call a grand entrance! Welcome and congrats on a good lookin cat!