• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Somali Pirates

Started by WldWldWest, February 22, 2011, 08:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WldWldWest

I heard today that those Somali Pirates shot and killed those 4 US citizens that they had Hijacked and taken hostage. Man, How tragic! They Said they had invested their life saving's into the Yacht and loading it down with Bible's to travel the world and give away the Bibles. I suppose there's a special place in Heaven for them! I do hope that some Spec Op's team gets to show the Hijackers a little Hell on earth before they meet their maker.

"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

KySongDog

They caught 15 of the pirates but instead of shooting the bastards, we'll end up giving them three hots and a cot in what would be a luxury resort to them.    :rolleye:

WldWldWest

Semp, Did they say who caught em? I'm afraid your right though, Prolly give em asylum down the street from me...

!

KySongDog

The Navy recovered the remains of the victims and are holding the captured pirates.  The U.S. was trying to negotiate with these thugs when they killed the hostages.   :rolleye:

FinsnFur

I heard a little about it, but not the whole jist.
Whats with these misfits, what were they negotiating for? What could be so damn important to start wiping out innocent lives to get?
I never followed much of any of it on the news.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

WldWldWest

They said they probably killed them because they couldnt pay a ransom.

!

Carolina Coyote

This is extremely disturbing, this hijacking has been going on for to long. Just what is it going to take for our Government and the Governments of the rest of the Free world to say enough is enough?  :shrug: cc

FinsnFur

A bunch of us got to talking about this at work today, and I learned quite a bit.

A couple of them said that these freakin pirates were bred by our ship captains themselves, whom for years would slow down and let these idiots aboard, and then just pay their ransom to get rid of them, which was much cheaper in the long run anyway.

The pirates got used to it, and the ship captains got used to it and it became a way of life for these Somalians.
A lot of the ships would move further and further out to avoid the confrontations as the stakes got higher and higher, but the Somalians got better equipped with all the money they had at their disposal and they moved out further and further with them.

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Frogman

Seems like mounting a couple of those remotley aimed 50 caliber Ma Deuces and a couple of remotely aimed 40 mm grenade launchers up high on the superstructure of those ships would be cheaper than paying the ransome??  Any boat comes close, fire a couple of warning shots.  If the boat doesn't turn away, then fire for effect!  I guess now they are afraid if they do something like that, the pirates will start executing the 600 or so hostages they already have??  Seems to me like it needs to be stopped soon!

Just my opinion.

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

FinsnFur

U.S. cargo ships wouldn't do that anyway. We have to be politically correct remember?

Thats why we teach terrorists to fly our air busses and watch our soldiers on Afghanistan TV with burlap bags over their heads,  and open our borders to Mexico for Jobs, health insurance and hot meals.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

nastygunz

Getting in a knife fight with a Navy Seal probably wasnt on that pirates bucket list !

USS Sterett

Negotiations were ongoing from Friday when the Quest was captured, until Monday when two pirates left the Quest to board the USS Sterett 600 yards away for further negotiations, and stayed overnight, the AP said.

The following morning the pirates seemed to be arguing among themselves. At about 8 a.m. local time a rocket-propelled grenade was fired at the USS Sterett, but missed. Gunshots were heard from the Quest, according to the AP.

Several pirates went on deck, hands raised. Navy SEALS boarded the Quest and captured 15 pirates. Two pirates were killed, one of them knifed by a U.S. navy man, the AP reported.All four Americans were fatally wounded, the AP said