• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

The Desert Sunrise

Started by BryanStanley, February 19, 2007, 07:25:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BryanStanley

Little diddy I made up this past weekend. Combination of Kingwood and Acrylic. This may be the best I have turned yet. Hope you all like it. As I put alot of thought into how it was going to look in the end. Nest to it is a Cocobolo mini closed reed

Bryan

Hawks Feather

Bryan,

I can see why it took some time.  I would keep thinking that I would pop it apart where the two pieces joined.

Jerry

BryanStanley

Jerry
Acutually the acrylic continuse in the wood another 5/8 t ocreate more surface area for glueing. BAsically I board od hole into the wood and then turned the acrylic to match inside dia. This will not break apart

Hawks Feather

That is a great idea.  I pictured it as two pieces glued together.  With wood being somewhat porous the glue can get a pretty good grip when using two pieces of wood.  I would be afraid that if it was glued the way I pictured it, that it wouldn't hold very well.  Your sleeve idea of going inside the wood should work very well.

Jerry

Pilgrim

Very creative, Bryan.  Love it!

BryanStanley

The Desert Sunrise is sold to our FinsandFur Administrator. I appreciate the comments fellas it means alot to me to be able to join the ranks of other great call makers here.

Sincerely
Bryan

Arkyyoter

I like the look of that turned acrylic.....

Joe

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

FinsnFur

:eyebrownod: :eyebrownod: :eyebrownod: :eyebrownod: :eyebrownod: :eyebrownod: :eyebrownod:

Guess what was in my mailbox today?  :biggrin:

Bryan they're awesome!  Just wanted to say thanks, again:congrats:
I'll get you a check out next week  :sneer:

I'm kidding  :eyebrow:...actually you should have gotten it already, if not...real soon.  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

BryanStanley

Jim
glad you likem. I have a few other combos that will be worked on this coming weekend. So stay tuned. As for you check, I recieved it yesterday as well and was waiting till I hear from you about the calls till I cashed it. On a side note you are the first person whom I have sold any calls to. Thank You very much

Bryan

FinsnFur

So when you get big and famous...I'll have collector calls? Saa Weeeet!  :congrats:
Keep up the good work  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

BryanStanley

Not going to be big and famous, just having fun and nothing more