Main Menu

New project.

Started by pitw, March 26, 2011, 09:53:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

Got a crate yesterday.

The crew went to work.

Little rustier than I expected :wink: .

Boys and I got it working like a hot dang and then started tearing it apart for the clean up.  Gonna take more than a couple days to get her looking like this other I have.

But it will fit in with scheme of things when it's finished.

I say what I think not think what I say.

coyote101

How old are those slicers Barry? That red one is too cool; how much does it weigh? It looks like once you get the flywheel going it wouldn't take too much to to keep it going. How long can you use it before you get tired of cranking?

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

pitw

Quote from: coyote101 on March 26, 2011, 10:06:58 AM
How old are those slicers Barry? That red one is too cool; how much does it weigh? It looks like once you get the flywheel going it wouldn't take too much to to keep it going. How long can you use it before you get tired of cranking?

Pat

Pat the red one is about 1924, weighs about 140lbs and you can crank it far more than you can eat :laf:.  I got it from a farm auction in '88 for $40 and it was covered with 4 inch's of pigeon dooh.  It cleaned up great and I used it in my bachelor days but the wife kicked it out of my house when she moved in :pout:.
The electric one is about 1938.  I grew up with this one as it was in our local general store[I bought all the meat cutting equipment from there when it shut in '99].
The new one is about 1939, came from Nova Scotia,[which could explain a lot of the rust] which I found totally by accident. 
  One thing about buying old as opposed to new is they appreciate in value instead of depreciate :biggrin:.  Also I think they look cool too :yoyo:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

slagmaker

Very cool. My mom had a smaller crank model one but she got rid of it when I was a lot littler than i am now. She was afraid we would cut ourselves on it. I have been looking for another ever sense.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Tappen

Fun stuff barry, does that guy on the bottom left of the red one have a mustache by any chance?