• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Honey Hole Season ‘2011 Underway

Started by HuntnCarve, April 03, 2011, 01:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HuntnCarve

Saturday: April 2, 2011

â€œI think I’m going to head up to Walmart…” the wife said to my back, as I stood looking out the back deck door..”Huh, Oh, yeah, sure…” I replied in autopilot mode.  My thoughts were on more pressing matters.  For at that very moment, I was grabbing for the binos on the corner table.  That suspicious brown clump in front of Honey Hole No.2 was the focus of my attention.  “Oh baby!  It’s a hog!  I declared with child like excitement .  Dancing around the wife who was blocking my path to the back bedroom I raced for the Old .22 Mossberg .  “Hello Old friend” I whispered as I snatched her birch and metal body from the corner where she stood awaiting this very moment.  “Who are you talking to? The wife hollered?  “Ah, no one..Just my rifle”.. I replied as I quietly opened the back window.  I thought I heard her say something about getting a life?  But was too wrapped up in the task at hand to retort... “ Ah yes, there you are”… As obtained my unsuspecting target in the scope.  He had his back to me as I carefully brought the crosshairs to the back of his noggin.  Crap!  He’s moving!  Fortunately, he only trudged a foot to the west, stopping then moving another foot, coming to a stop at my whistle.  Quickly aiming on his ear, I touched off a CB short.  Plop!  Down he went!  Honey Hole Hog Number 1 was on the books! 
The wife even got to witness the shot as she stood looking out the other window.   A brief moment of panic struck when she said;  “I don’t see him anymore?  I saw him drop, but he’s not there now?”   Searching for the binos which I had just seconds before set on the kitchen table?  I found them back where the wife had placed them on the corner table.  I wisely muffled a curse under my breath,  but my expression must have betrayed me?  For I got that “ They don’t belong there..Blah, blah, blah, put them back where they belong when you’re done with them..blah, blah, blah” speech.  Anyway, I need not have worried.  For the chuck had merely stretched out along side a small log right where he had expired.
So there you have it folks.  The 2011 Honey Hole Season is underway!  A special Thanks goes out to the little Misses, who clicked a few hero shots of her husband and his Opening Day trophy.  So until next time…May the back pastures be good to you.  Happy Hunting!

H.H. Dave

(above) The first of the season from HH 2

(above) Two grizzled boars!

(Above)  A "Thumbs up" from the wife.

Hawks Feather

Quote from: HuntnCarve on April 03, 2011, 01:52:36 PM
I got that “ They don’t belong there..Blah, blah, blah, put them back where they belong when you’re done with them..blah, blah, blah” speech.

A "Thumbs up" from the wife.

Congratulations on the firsts of the year - hog, speech, thumbs up.

Looks like it all ended well.

Jerry

HaMeR

I been waiting for this day Dave!! And I gotta say you didn't disappoint once again!! Congratulations on the 1st of,,,  :confused:  the rest of them!!  :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

Quote from: HuntnCarve on April 03, 2011, 01:52:36 PM
A "Thumbs up" from the wife.

ROFLMAO! :laugh2:
It almost looks like she has taken cover and is hiding :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

Man, I do love your stories :bowingsmilie:  Congrats on a successful opening day. :yoyo:
I say what I think not think what I say.

Carolina Coyote

Figured it was getting time for one of these stories, Thanks Dave  :highclap:  :highclap: cc

KySongDog

Another great story!   :congrats:    You really ought to consider sending a couple of those stories to the hunting rags.  I bet they would publish them.   ;yes;