• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Latest assortment of checkered calls

Started by BigB, April 20, 2011, 10:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigB

I've been checkering quite a few calls lately.  Here is the latest checkered predator call.  It is an open reed African Blackwood with an aluminum band.  It is checkered at 16 lines per inch.

Next is a raised panel checkered duck call.  It has a figured maple barrel, and a striped ebony insert.  Checkered at 16 lpi.  The diamond inlays are hippo ivory, and the end caps on the barrel and insert are also hippo ivory.

Next to the large duck call is a mini duck call.  It is made out of African Blackwood, and it is checkered at 20 lpi.  The mini call is just a freckle under 3 inches.

On the left is a regular sized duck call, made from African Blackwood.  It is checkered at 16 lpi to show the size comparison of the other two duck calls.  The two calls on the right, I am sending to the fancy call show in St.Charles for the CCAA.

And here are all of the calls together.

Thanks for looking,
Brian
hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

Hawks Feather

Dang, it looks like someone has really stepped UP his calls.  That duck call is AWESOME!

Jerry

HuntnCarve

Brian, those are all over the top!  Good luck at St. Charles!

Dave

Todd Rahm

Your killing me here Brian!!!  :innocentwhistle: Those are all extremely nice calls!  :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie:

Are you sending your opne reed to the contest too?

And can ya put a JC reed in the big duck call?  :innocentwhistle:

coyote101

Beautiful work Brian.  :congrats: :congrats: Very very nice. :highclap:  :highclap:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

FinsnFur

MANNNnnnnn! That is some dam work tight there :eyebrownod:
Out of this world Brian. Awesome :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

BigB

Todd, no JC reeds for that big ole sucker!  But I bet I could stuff about 50 of them JC reeds in there if I needed a place to store a bunch of them.   :alscalls:  The open reed didn't make the trip to the call show this year.  I just may have to put in an open reed call for the call show next year.  I've got a few ideas that would make for a good show call.  :wink:

Brian
hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

iahntr

Scott

HaMeR

I would reply but I don't know what to say Brian.  :laf: :laf:

Dang thems some nice ones AGAIN!!!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!