• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Rain and more rain

Started by KySongDog, April 25, 2011, 03:36:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KySongDog

West KY is getting pounded by rain.  I can't remember the last time it was this bad.   Its been raining for a week.  No relief in sight until maybe Thursday.   Every low lying piece of ground is flooded.

I'm believe this wet weather is going to play (L) with the turkey hatch.

FinsnFur

Did Noah have Turkeys on his Arc?  I cant even remember.
We finally got a break in it, but it's not suppose to be for long.

Semp just think of the May flowers   :doh2: :puke:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bills Custom Calls

Last night on the news they were saying that This could be the 10th wettest April since they started recording and before the news was over at 11:30pm the said we hit that and now were moving into 5th place Our next dry day could be Saturday

Ya just gotta love it
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

HaMeR

Luckily it held off from early AM til about 4:30 here. Mighta only been a a few hours but it was still nice to see the sun. If there wasn't 2 dry days between the 4 rain days I would swear God was trying to tell us something.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FOsteology

Please send some this way. We're in drought, and have had close to 2 million acres burn up recently.  :sad:

Hawks Feather

It sure would be nice if we could sort of direct the weather.  Texas needs the rain and we have only one day that is predicted to have less than a 50% chance of rain.  We got a little over an inch today, but the heavier rain is scheduled for tomorrow.  The news also said that it is not looking too good for KY and TN tonight.  You boys keep your heads down.

Jerry

Carolina Coyote

Tell you what guys I had rather have mud between my toes than dust up my nose. Send some of that rain down south to Georgia. cc

KySongDog

The local paper said there are over 90 county roads closed.   The road department ran out of road closure signs.   We've had 12.4 inches of rain so far in April. Normal is 4.4 inches.   

Hawks Feather

Well, at 6:00 it was raining here, but it has now blown clear.  There is actually a bright light up in the sky that (from checking history books) is called the SUN.  The 25 mile an hour wind is keeping the trees moving pretty good though.  I just checked the radar and it looks like the center part of KY and TN are getting a pretty good storm.

Weatherman Jerry

Bills Custom Calls

dang Semp
I know you have gotten more rain then we got so far here in my area but some parts of Ohio NW of me got flooded last evening
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Hawks Feather

The thing that is keeping us from being flooded is there is no ice in the river to back things up.  Right now we are about 6 feet above normal in the river, but if there would have been ice jammed up anywhere downstream we would be about 12 to 15 feet above normal.  We have a few roads closed, but nothing major.  I would not want to have a dock in the river right now with the speed of the water.

Jerry

slagmaker

more rain on the way here. Been so bad all my mushroom grounds are too soggy to hunt.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

FinsnFur

Semp you got roads getting washed out, or are the rivers spilling over them?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

shaddragger

Here it's been 2-3 days of rain then 2-3 days of 20-30 mph winds since early March!
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

KySongDog

Quote from: FinsnFur on April 26, 2011, 03:45:45 PM
Semp you got roads getting washed out, or are the rivers spilling over them?

The Ohio and Green Rivers are WAY out of their banks.  That causes the creeks to swell and flood.   Water everywhere.

100% chance of rain today. (Its raining now) with 80% chance tonight.  Winds are 17-20mph with gusts to 30mph.   It is just crazy right now. 

WldWldWest

"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

HaMeR

Another 15-20mph wind day with gusts "probably" near 35mph. Had a heckuva time getting home this afternoon as the wind wanted to blow the truck all over the highway. A huge storm Juuuuuust missed us a little bit ago too. It went SW of us.  :whew:  But we got a little rain & the huge winds from it. I mowed the last 10-15 minutes in the rain.  :laf:

Doug & Ed-- You guys keep both hands up on the wheel out there!!!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

CCP

We have had around 6 tornado's today that I know of. One hit the same place as last year destroying the same 9 homes that were just rebuilt. :doh2:  Were still getting some bad weather off and on.

We were working at the A&M university and they ran everyone in tot he storm shelters.

here are a few pictures as it started where we were. The pictures don't even seem to come close.

As it was approaching.

Now the winds picking up a little.

Then the rain

Then the wind and rain

We decided to head out. Looks like if we get over that hill all will be fine.

Well maybe the next hill.

Well the sirens are going off again as I type this. 3rd time today.  :holdon:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Hawks Feather

They talked about the storms in the south on the news tonight and it didn't look good.  We just have minor flooding in the area, but I live on the high ground so I don't worry about flooding.  Just over an inch last night and another inch today.  Guess what is expected tonight?  You guessed it, another storm.

Jerry

KySongDog

Here is a pic of the road to one of my hunting spots.    The road is to the right of the power line poles. 

Here is another view of the road