• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Gardening question

Started by Roundman, May 09, 2011, 08:21:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roundman

I always put out tomato plant and such. I've never had to spray the plants, I just put them in the ground and let them grow. Loosing a few items never bothered me because I didn't put a lot of effort into it. This year we want to do a little more canning and I want to get all I can out of each plant. What do you guys use to keep down the bug bites on your tomatoes, peppers, and beans? Keep in mind I have a small garden. It can be sprayed by hand and I don't need a tractor and huge amount of insecticide. Thanks in advance for the anwsers.

bigben

I dust with a product called sevin.  I believe that's the correct spelling.  but my tomatoes didn't do crap last year.  worked on the pepper plants tho. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

bambam

I never put anything on my tomatoes. For some reason, the bugs don't seem to bother them much. I will spray my beans with liquid Sevin if the bean beetles get bad, but I never spray after the beans start to develop. I don't like using pesticides and try to keep it to a minimum. Never spray my peppers either. I'm getting some guineas tomorrow evening. I have heard they will eat a lot of bugs out of garden. We will see.

msmith

Sevin. Dust in  morning when the dew is on so the dust will stick good.
Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI

Bopeye

Notice they said nothing ever bothered their peppers? I know that chemical free gardners use cayenne pepper on their tomato plants. Bugs don't seem to like it much. Probably the same reason they don't like these gentleman's peppers.
Foxpro Staff Infection Free