• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Predator & Wild Hog Extravaganza Expo

Started by CCP, May 15, 2011, 05:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HaMeR

Looks like Richard lost a little weight for the wedding!!  :alscalls: :alscalls:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

CCP

QuoteI keep getting more pics sent anonymously

oh you bad JIM so bad. Starting to look like a war? unless my website is going to be held hostage?
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

KySongDog

Here are some pics from the Predator and Wild Hog Expo.

Predator and Wild Hog Expo 2011

FinsnFur

No war Rich.
Love....I choose love :biggrin:

Semp that is an awesome collection of pics.
I'm wishing it was closer and I could have made it down there now. Who ended up winning the calling competition and what was the purse?

The alligator charter booth was a nice surprise too. Looks like the whole show was quite a turn out.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

Jim

Jon Paul Moody won the Distress Division and the Howling Division.   I am not sure who won the overall predator calling division as I left on Sunday before they held that competition.

FinsnFur

Interesting.
I love listening to those comps, all the different styles and techniques.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

CCP

Jon Paul Moody won all three events. It was a very hard event to judge with the great callers they had.There were only 6 contestants a few did not make it. Al Morris did not do as well as he usually does,I don't know if it was due to the calls he was using since he moved to foxpro calls or what. he still sounded good but just not as good.

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

KySongDog

One thing I noticed in the Coyote Vocalization (Howling) division was that most of the guys were using mouth diaphragm calls with some type of a cow horn megaphone.   One used a E.L.K. Power Howler type call.  I don't think I saw any strictly open reed howlers. 

George Ackley

One thing I noticed is you cant find a dam thing online about who placed where!
the contest was a big deal last week no that they had it nothing.

if anyone knows a link please post it for me.
NPHA has nothing on there and i would have thought they be all over it .

why i am looking is i herd there was some PA GUYS placed , if so congrats to them
Lift Your Truck, Fat Girls Cant Jump

jasonpredhunter

Good pictures Semp, I didn't get to take any and enjoyed looking at those. 

As far as the calling contest went:
For the Distress divison #1-Jon Paul Moody #2-Ernie Wilson #3-Big Al Morris
Coyote Vocalization Division #1-Jon Paul Moody #2-Jason Groseclose #3-Tim Deckard
World All-Around #1-Jon Paul Moody #2-Jason Groseclose #3-Al Morris

Jon Paul Moody cleaned house and took names at this event. He's a great caller and very dedicated to his calling. He's a great person on top of that.  It was a good event altogether. Also, some of you were talking about the callers using diaphragm calls. I called the entire competition using a diaphragm only and came short only 2 points behind Jon Paul in the All-Around.  There were a few open reeds in there, and a few guys used power howlers too. It was a good mixture of all the calls I'd say. 

I'm new to the forum btw, so Hey everyone and I look forward to being on your forum.

KySongDog

Welcome to FnF, Jason.   That diaphragm call sure sounded good. 

I got one from Tom but, after playing around some, I think I've got a long ways to go.   I keep wanting to yelp with it.   :laf:

George Ackley

Welcome jason and thanks for the report :yoyo:

FinsnFur

Yeah, Welcome to the site Jason. Thanks for that rundown :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

jasonpredhunter

Quote from: Semp on May 25, 2011, 12:36:32 PM

I got one from Tom but, after playing around some, I think I've got a long ways to go.   I keep wanting to yelp with it.   :laf:

That's the biggest problem when starting to use diaphragms to call predators with is getting away from wanting to use it as a turkey call.  You hold your mouth and use it totally different. I know after turkey season, it takes me a few minutes to get tuned back over to predator calls.  I think that most people that pick them up pretty quick have never used a turkey call. I know the guy in the booth next to us bought one and had never used a turkey call, well he was making dang good howls after just a few minutes. It's definitely a different style of calling but I'm hooked.

Thanks for the welcome! Looks like a good bunch of guys here.

riverboss

Welcome Jason and thank you for the run down,and Semp those pics were nice i wish i could of went i realy enjoy those things.

George Ackley

Jason are you from VA? i do some deer hunting around Nelson & Buckingham county

nice country there

Frogman

Great report guys!  Thanks for sharing the pictures, Semp.  I enjoyed going last year to the one in Columbus, OH.

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

jasonpredhunter

Quote from: George Ackley on May 25, 2011, 06:17:14 PM
Jason are you from VA? i do some deer hunting around Nelson & Buckingham county

nice country there

Hey george, Yeah I'm in VA. I'm down in the southwestern part of the state in the mountains. I hear there is some good hunting out near nelson and buckingham.

KySongDog

They got some videos posted of the calling competition.

Here is a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRMTGp8IbFc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

There are more video links on the right side of the screen too.