• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Arizona fire

Started by KySongDog, June 08, 2011, 10:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KySongDog

weedwalker

That fire is in north east AZ. JohnP is in south east AZ. He told me a few weeks ago there was a fire down in his area. But I guess they got that one put out.

KySongDog

Thanks.  Glad to hear he doesn't have yet one more problem to deal with. 

KurtisG

:holdon: So you're saying one of the best states is on fire  :sad: :sad:
Bills Custom Calls Pro Staff

nor-cal yote

I am leaving Montana, for Az on Sunday morning, the fire is over 400,000 acres right now, just stopped by the folks place to spend the day with them before I head south, I just got back from New Mexico last week, the south west is dryer than a popcorn fart. I was down there in 2007, for a few fires and it was HOT and DRY, but the locals said that they had not received any moisture this past winter, and the monsoons  have usually hit by the middle of May.
never yell whoa in a horse race

HaMeR

Be careful nor-cal!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

nor-cal yote

The fire has almost reached 500,000 acres. It sure is hot here, have seen a ton of coyote sign. Last few days we have been fighting over the little shade that there is in our area.

coyotehunter_1

Quote from: HaMeR on June 11, 2011, 06:32:27 AM
Be careful nor-cal!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:

X2... Watch your backside out there.   
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

weedwalker

Apparently there IS still a fire burning down by JohnP. They just haven't been mentioning it in the news and have been covering the larger fire north of there. I prolly oughta check up on him and see if things are OK down there. :wo:

nor-cal yote

There is a good web site called inciweb that has up to date info. John P. is down by Douglas Az right? If so I think that is the horseshoe II fire. When I get service ill try to post, and keep you guys updated.

JohnP

nor-cal you be careful out there and please know that all of us out here appreciate what you guys do and pray for you each day.

We have three fires going on down here in the SE corner, Murphy, Horse Shoe and Monument.  The fire in our back yard  is the Monument fire and has been the mostly costly as far as structures, over fifty homes gone and a untold number of outbuildings.  The Horse Shoe is the largest down here but very few if any stuctures destroyed, Murphy has been contained and I don't believe any structures lost.  All three started on or near the border and in known travel routes of illegals.  The concenus is that illegals started all three for any one of three reasons.  They start a small fire to alert their fellow illegals as to what route to take, they'll also start a bigger fire to divert the BP to the fire while the drug runners take another route or as most of us believe this series of fires were started as "revenge fires" for Arizona's crackdown on illegals. 

The fire nor-cal is fighting is the largest fire in Arizona history and is located on the eastern border with New Mexico.   Very unlikely started by illegals.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Bills Custom Calls

John P it is good to hear from you Stay safe
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

HaMeR

Great to hear from you Mr John!! I hope you can stay safe down there!! :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

iahntr

Prayers go out to all involved.
Scott

nor-cal yote

I am in Silver City New Mexico now, they asked for resources to start patrolling this area so if anything starts they have the man power to jump on it and keep it small. Good to hear from you John P. In my years firefighting I have never seen an area so dry. The temps are high, R.H.'s are low and winds are high.

KySongDog

Watch yourself, nor-cal.   Stay safe. 

nor-cal yote

Well they put us up in a hotel in Silver City, NM as we were checking in there was a man standing at the counter who started asking why we were staying there, that we belonged out on the fire. It was his tax dollars that payed our wages. Now us federal firefighters do not get hotels very often. We had not had a shower in 11 days, sleeping in the dirt, working right next to a fire in high temps. His comments really made me mad. We spend our summers away from our families sleeping in the dirt, eating MRE's this guy doesn't understand that I pay taxes also. I just walked away, and went to dinner. Who do you think gets the table next to me, the same a$$hole, when I got up to pay my bill, he made another comment about tax dollars paying for my meal, first hot meal since the drive down. I just smiled and thanked him. I did not sleep much last night,that guy just ruined my day.

JohnP

Heck I was just thinking the same thing.  Why aren't you out there fighting that fire instead of spending time on the computer :eyebrownod:  Your going find idiots like that wherever you go.  At one of the nightly briefing some joker got up and started to tell the Incident Commander how to do his job.  He got laughed out of the auditorium and was lucky we didn't give him an ass whipping - probably should of now that I think about it.  Wife just got done making a BIG sign that says Thank You Firefighters, God Bless You.  Going to hang it down at the end of our lane.  She is also on the way to the grocery store to buy them all a lot of cold watermelon for when they come in tonight.  They are staged at he end of our road and we always stop and have some cold drinks for them.  We appreciated all they have done for us and what all you firefighters do throughout the fire season.  Don't let some idiot ruin your day - we luv ya! 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

weedwalker

Thank You for all you're doing nor-cal yote. :bowingsmilie: And you've got more restraint than I do when it comes to a$$holes like him.

iahntr

It really makes you wonder where people come up with the things they say sometimes.
Is it because they're just trying to be a dick head ? Or if they're just that dumb ?  :rolleye:
Trust me, there are many more Thankful for what you do.
Scott