• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Almost got skunked

Started by coyote101, July 09, 2011, 12:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

The wife and I went out to one of the local lakes this morning. She caught a couple of bluegill, a red ear sunfish, a pretty nice crappie and a small striper. I had a couple of strikes, but no hookups. Then as we were heading back to take the canoe out I threw a purple worm up near the bank and this guy took it: 

Three pounds fifteen ounces and just a tad over nineteen inches

A lot of fun on an ultra light rod and reel

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

weedwalker

FinsnFur

Holy kee rap! :yoyo: Thats a honker for sure.

I've never messed with bass on Ultra Light equipment, But I can only imagine. :yoyo:
That thing is a dandy for sure. Nice catch and thanks for sharing it.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HaMeR

That sure is a nice fish Pat!! Congrats on landing that bad boy on the ultra light!!

The only thing funner than that is 1/2lb & 3/4lb bluegill on micro lights.  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

shaddragger

:yoyo: Nice fish Pat! I bet that was a battle on mini gear!
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

5 SHOTS

I sure did enjoy landing a 16 lb 4 oz carp on an ultra lite with 2 lb test. I thought the 3 guys watching were going to have heart attacks every time it would run.  :whew:
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

Dave

That's one fat bass.  Looks like there's a lobster in its belly.  :congrats: