• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Do coyotes eat squirrels?

Started by Teamroper, August 25, 2011, 01:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teamroper

I have a honey-hole that I was going back to in another couple of weeks but the landowner said that he wanted me to wait awhile since the grey squirrels had completely destroyed his corn patch and he wanted the coyotes to kill them. I didn't know that they killed them. Anybody out there know anything about this subject?
When you stop learning from everybody else you are going backwards.

There's nothing like roping, riding and shooting, but boy, my horse hates it!-Teamroper

securpro

Coyotes eat just about anything thats edible, have never seen one climb a tree though  :wo:
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

HaMeR

They prolly will if they happen upon one whilst out scavenging for food. Just my thoughts since I've never seen it happen either.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

nastygunz

Everything will eat a squirrel, fox, coyote, bobcat, hawk,etc. The trick is in catching them! Coyotes mouse alot but Im sure squirrels are much harder to catch, Id ask the farmer if you can squirrel hunt 1st   :wink:...I have hunted corn fields for squirrel for ages and they do some damage but nothing major...Id be more inclined to think the coon or coyotes were eating his corn

CCP

Coyotes catch and eat lots of squirrels.

Seems like a few years ago somebody posted some screen shots from a video they had of a coyote catching a squirrel. I seen a coyote catch one years ago on the edge of a pasture. Many years ago I would cut open coyotes to see what they were eating. Yeap found a few squirrels.  :laf:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Todd Rahm

I thought someone on here posted a pic about a year or so ago of catching yotes playing with a squirrel?

FinsnFur

Yeah, heck the neighbors cat even eats squirrels. :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

WldWldWest

I want a Coyote that eats the neighbors cats! :biggrin:
"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

slagmaker

The coyote I shot in my back yard had just killed a squirrel. Shot him right off his kill to be exeact.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Teamroper

It's funny. I just posted this topic about a week ago and while I was loading a bunch of round bales this past Saturday I noticed something on top of one of the bales. :wo: Upon further inspection I noticed it was a coyote scat with nothing but squirrel hair in it. :eyebrow: I guess he heard that I had put up that post and was just answering my question. :hahaha: LOL. Thanks everybody. I guess I got my answer in more than one way. :shrug: See you all in the woods.  :biggrin:
When you stop learning from everybody else you are going backwards.

There's nothing like roping, riding and shooting, but boy, my horse hates it!-Teamroper

possumal

I saw a big male coyote catch a fox squirrel when it was crossing a wide opening between a walnut tree and his den tree.  I know he ate the squirrel's nuts, not sure about the squirrel.  :biggrin: :biggrin:   Another time, a Yellow Blackmouth Cur I owned caught a big fox squirrel in a similar scenario, and she ate him after crushing every bone in his rib cage with one bite.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff