• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Ankle deep

Started by Dave, August 28, 2011, 01:28:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Feeling the wrath of Irene, and she's still a few hours away
It's getting close to my ankles in my basement and i've had no problems down there for about 7 to 8 years.  Have one submersible pump going, but that will last until the winds rip through and knocks out the power.  No generater, either.  :doh2:

slagmaker

Be safe Dave. But just think of all the generators that will be for sale cheap when this is all over with
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

FinsnFur

I wondered how our Eastern members were fairing. Keep your head up Dave...wish there was something we could do yo help out.

Slag your right, I seen on the news the other day Generac was shipping generators by the truckload...daily! They couldnt keep the stores stocked out there.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HaMeR

Hang in there Dave!! We're thinking about you & you have our thoughts & prayers.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Dave

Thanks guys.   Amazingly we still have power, and I don't think we got hit quite as hard as was predicted.  I found some nice rapalas that floated out from the depths of the bsmnt, so that would be my silver lining.  Also found a senko, a few finnesse and some various hooks and jigs that were pushed around with squeegees and brooms.  Oh, and also there was live bait represented in the form of about six dried up and floating salamanders.  Absolutely no idea how they got down there?  Maybe some prank that HuntnCarve played over the years.
Slag, I will be out there beatin the yard sales in a few months for a generator for 25 cents on the dolar.  Probably cheaper if I kick the dirt, hmmm and ponder for a few minutes, and then come out with something like "well if you need to get rid of it, I'll give you $25."
Well my break is almost over and I need to get back to the shop vac for the final cleanup, but I do have to get back on here and see what you all have been up to.

HuntnCarve

Dave,

Sorry to hear you got some water in the basement.  The way it was raining down your way it's surprising the Neshaminy wasn't rapping at your door!  We lost power last night around 12:30 AM and it was off all night.  I was debating about connecting up the generator this morning (freezer, lights, coffee maker), when the power came back on this morning.  The high winds brought down a bunch of small branches and leaves, but nothing major.  Give me a call when you get a break.  Glad everyone is safe.

FOsteology

Sorry to hear that Dave. Hopefully you'll get it dried out soon.