• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Ivory..

Started by Yotehntr, September 05, 2011, 11:29:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yotehntr

Just in the mood to post another one I guess! lol... I just finished this one up.. actually had a young fella suggest it quite a while back.. it kind of stuck in the back of my mind so I had to see how it would look.  The barrel is Hippo tooth Ivory.  I "scrim'd"  the accent lines in.. cut a grove then pen 'em in with India Ink.  The tone-board is from Buffalo Horn... o-ring fitted in my usual style.  I wondered what ya'll thought of the combo?

Just to be honest, the Ivory kind of takes my breath away.... really pretty stuff... going to have to have a knife made with ivory handles.

Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

JohnP

Sure is a fine looking call Brad.  We brought some elephant ivory back with us when we left the Congo.  It's all been carved into different figurines and such.  How big of a piece would you need to make me one of those?  Maybe I can talk the wife into letting me send you something to whittle on.  Also have an elephant tusk, not very big.  It was from a cow on a cull hunt. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Yotehntr

Thank you John! 

You have my attention on the Ivory! That would be a fun as heck project!  I'll shoot you a pm.

FOsteology

Absolutely stunning!

Question..... are you currently selling/taking orders? I'd love to get a call or two and take them to Zimbabwe next year to try and call in a hyena or jackal.

Hawks Feather

Fine looking call - as always!

Jerry

iahntr

Very nice ! I like the combo and the lines.
Scott

Yotehntr

Thanks guys! Fos I'd love to see one of my calls hung over a  hyena.. just hate those suckers.. ugly as (L) ain't they!

Todd Rahm

I thinks its freak'n awesome, and agree with your young feller. I thought the two would look great together. Can you imagine a set open and closed reed made like that!!!!!!!!!!  :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie:

coyote101

Beautiful call Brad.  :congrats: :congrats: I really like the contrast of the black on white.  :yoyo: :yoyo:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing