• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Cronk Wolf howlers

Started by Rich, September 14, 2011, 09:42:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich

As a lot of you know, I have been building wolf howlers for quite awhile now. I have been constantly trying new little changes while searching for the perfect wolf howler. The wolf howlers I am building now are down right huge. The tone board is tuned in a way that allows both wolf howls and pup squeals to be reproduced. Here are a few photo's of a howler that I am shipping to Idaho tomorrow.

Foxpro Field staff
--------------------------------------

Hawks Feather

Great looking call Rich.  Makes me wish I had wolves around Ohio.

Jerry

possumal

Rich, compared to your standard cowhorn howler for coyotes, how hard are these wolf howlers to blow?  Beautiful horn that one is built on.  :congrats: :congrats:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Rich

Quote from: possumal on September 15, 2011, 07:20:57 AM
Rich, compared to your standard cowhorn howler for coyotes, how hard are these wolf howlers to blow?  Beautiful horn that one is built on.  :congrats: :congrats:

It doesn't take any more air pressure to run a wolf howler, but you need to take a big breath inward before you blow. The long, drawn out howl of a wolf means that you need enough air in your lungs to blow a little longer. The pup squeals are made in same fashion as you would to blow the same sound on a coyote  howler.
Foxpro Field staff

Brad H

I'm still enjoying seeing your calls, Rich.

You've got a great grasp of the wolf holwer.

Brad

Rich

Quote from: Brad H on September 15, 2011, 10:48:27 AM
I'm still enjoying seeing your calls, Rich.

You've got a great grasp of the wolf holwer.

Brad

Brad,
I give you credit for the progress I have made on the wolf howlers. Not long ago, I was sending folks to you for their wolf howler needs. Your life became complicated and you had too many chores on your menu. This kind of forced me to tinker with the wolf howler until I finally reached a new level in wolf howler knowledge. I want you to know that I still think of you every time I build another wolf howler. My sincere "Thank You" sir.
Foxpro Field staff

Brad H

Well thank you, Rich! I'm happy to hear that and quite content with it. But everything I've made since the beginning spawned from your work just the same. Speaking of that, I started playing around with a few small horns to sell locally. Maybe I'll get some pics up on here before they go on display.

Brad

Lonehowl

Awsome looking howler Rich!!!

possumal

Rich and Brad, it is a pleasant thing to see that kind of cooperation and admiration shared by two great craftsmen.  I know that a lot of fellows who are making calls these days have been inspired by Rich and also by you, Brad.  There are some really good callmakers now, making it relatively easy for the newer hunters to get started right with quality calls without breaking their wallet down too bad.  Kudos to both of you and all the other fellows who are helping the hunters out in this great sport of predator hunting.  :congrats: :congrats:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Rich

The wolf howlers have been selling fairly well. The other day, I went down to Post Office to mail one off to Canada. The box was too large for regular air mail, so I had to fill out a different form for priority mail. The girl behind the desk was checking my customs form over to be sure I had given all needed information. When she saw Wolf Howler listed under item description she said. "Wolf Howler! What does THAT do?" To answer her question I inhaled and let out one of these.  http://www.cronkpredatorcalls.com/sounds/005voiceWolf3.mp3

Everyone waiting in line got quite a big laugh over that.   :alscalls:
Foxpro Field staff

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Hawks Feather

I wish that it would have been on camera.  I can only guess the look on her face.

Jerry

KillerCaller!

That is one heck of a piece of equipment there, Mr. Cronk!