• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Turkey down.

Started by nastygunz, October 14, 2011, 03:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

Well in NH we have a 5 day Fall shotgun season which I always hit, I like the 2nd season better then the spring season, lots quieter. I hunted hard all week, rained, cold n crappy and birds were scarce. On the next to last day I was hunting along a big corn field edge and the Conn.River, slipping along like an Apache ghost wearing fluffy slippers.... :innocentwhistle:....seeing lot of sign, poop, diggings,feathers,etc...raining out...thought I heard a cluck...so I hunkered down n waited awhile...nothing...did some clucks on my long box...heard some more turkey noises...here comes a whole flock of em moving right at me through some really thick growth....I eased the turkey cannon up...they were all bunched up pretty tight...2 close together to shoot...finally one strayed out ahead of the others and off to the side and I dropped the lead on him from about 35 yards...the other ones hit the air and flew across the river into Vermont,they were probably all liberal transplant-tees from down country :wink:...not a monster bird but an exciting hunt and down to  the wire time wise:

coyote101

Way to go Nasty.  :yoyo: :yoyo: Congratulations on a successful hunt.  :congrats: :congrats:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

HaMeR

:alscalls: :alscalls: @ the fluffy slippers!!!

Congratulations on the nice bird!! A 5 day season can make it rough with the "nasty" weather you described.  :laf: :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

nastygunz

Thank ye gents :biggrin:...holy hellll one thing even after several hard frosts the mosquitoes were vicious still  :doh2:

nastygunz

This was in his crop, corn, clover, seeds, a few earth worms and some grass and seeds:

shaddragger

:yoyo: Good job Gunz! Sounds like a perseverance trophy!
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

KySongDog

Nice going, nastygunz!   :congrats:

Our early fall turkey season kicks in next weekend.  I hope to get to go.   

nastygunz

Good luck Semp, I really like the fall season better, quieter, not so many hunters out, foliage, cooler generally, just a great time of the year and the birds are on the move more and you can hunt all day, that spring time hunt till noon crap sucks :argh:

Okanagan

Good story!

Plus I like the contents of your vehicle:  flyrod, another shooting piece, looks like maybe a scoped rifle.  You go prepared.  I like that.  One of my best brook trout memories was a lunch break while hunting moose.  The swampy lake held way more trout than moose and they were suckers for flies.  Glad I had a fly rod along.

FinsnFur

I missed this one.
Nice harvest there Nasty~ :congrats:
It's a good thing he wasnt any bigger though. Dont look like there much room in the cargo area there. :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

Amazing how that damn stuff accumulates :biggrin:

Dave