• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Guild newsletter update as promised...

Started by Coulter, March 07, 2007, 06:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coulter

Front cover...to be a note from the Guild president

Pg 2 Contents, Members news (Births, deaths, important info that should be shared, etc.), Half a page devoted to  a note from the Guild chairman.

pg 3 This will be a hunting type / humor type story relating to any type of hunting / fishing / trapping / outdoor experience. Submitted by anyone

pg 4-5 Show Stoppers...the summer issue will be a two page article on shows...Nashville, St. Charles, etc.

Pg 6 Waterfowl page...Wade Carpenter has agreed to head up this section for us

Pg 7 Predator Page...Al Woodard has agreed to head up this section for us.

Pg 8-9 (Centerfold) Calls of the Quarter...the summer issue will include a turkey call and a duck call and tyhey will both be auctioned off after the newsletter is circulated...Sorry guys, I haven't got any predator calls donated yet :innocentwhistle:

Pg 10 Turkey Page...RedBeard has agreed to head up this section for us

Pg 11 Call Makers Corner...Dave Constantine Has agreed to head up this section for us.

Pg12 Collectors Corner...Tim Beach has agreed to head up this section for us

Pg 13 History...Earl...sorry I didn't get his last name, will head up this section

Pg 14 This page will be reserved as an overflow for articles that are a bit longer than the alloted space, We can also put shop pics, call pics and hunting pics here as space allows.

Pg 15 Classifieds (I'll discuss more about this later) and more pics continued from page 14

Back cover - half page is reserved for the address the other half will have a membership app and upcoming events listed.

Please note, to be fair and keep things diverse, I would like to shift the order in which waterfowl, turkey, predator, and show pages occur in each issue depending on the time of year. Summer will have 2 pages reserved for shows in the front of the newsletter. Fall will have waterfowl in the front with two pages, winter will be predator with two pages up front and spring will be turkey with two pages up front. After having a round up front the section will cycle towards the middle, right after the centerfold. All other sections will remain where they are.  Is this okay with everybody?

There are some other items I want to go over as well, but I'll save those and get this all taken care of first since my wife is waiting for me 

Any other ideas...lets here 'em.

Lastly, If you guys can come up with a good name for the newsletter, let me here your suggestions. We are doing a poll on CCO right now and trying to pick a good name. I'd like the namwe to reflect the diversity of the newsletter...any suggestions?

Steve

Todd Rahm

Can't get more diverse then "The Call"  :innocentwhistle: or the "The Caller"  :confused:

"Callers Corner"  :shrug:

FinsnFur

• The CCCG Online Inline
  • The CCCG Offline
  • The CCCG Press Release
  • CCCG Online -  bytes to bits
  • Inside the CCCG
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Todd Rahm

Hey Jim forgot the ole MTV fall back "CCCG Unplugged"   :biggrin:

Ok Steve, I sent off my membership application and funds.  :whew:

Does this mean I get first crack at calls other members spin  :biggrin:   I'll call it 'THO" clause...............what ya think Al?  :wink:

FinsnFur

No THO clauses....I've been unexposed to TH Ocrylic for too many months and running now.  :sad:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

quackerstacker

page 6 will be one of your biggest down falls. wade is very knowledgeable about duck call function but he also will use his power to promote his items to sell. probably 50% of the people on cco cant stand him because of his constant ambulance chasing, the news letter will be another forum to chase. jim chamberlin or herb ohley would have been better.

steve
my name is steve and im addicted to bonkers

Todd Rahm

Well Steve................page 7 will make up for page 6'es short comings.  :biggrin:

Coulter

There will  be no shortcomings or ambulance chasing in this newsletter :iroll: I have to contact Wade again on an issue...more later :readthis:

By the way...thank you Todd for joining us :biggrin:

THO Clauses...not liklely :roflmao:

THO Game Calls

QuoteTHO Clauses...not liklely

Don't get him started.  I told him I would only take the job if I got a corner office and a hot secratary.

He sent me a pup tent and a blow up doll.

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Hawks Feather

Al,

At least with a blow up doll you know where she has been.  You would never know about a hot secretary.   :innocentwhistle:

Jerry

Coulter

quackerstacker

coulter, pm me your phone number.

steve

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

quackerstacker

why the rolling eyes? only being able to read and not listen to a persons post  i cant tell what the mood is?

steve

Hawks Feather

THO Game Calls

Hey, ya can't blame a guy for trying.     :)   

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Coulter

Hey Al...did ya check your PM's on..."that other site"...you've got mail :readthis:

Steve