• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Only in Texas...

Started by Okanagan, February 11, 2012, 01:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okanagan

A friend arranged for my wife to rip off some full auto with an Uzi

Fabulous barbecue at Rudy's

Fabulous food and "ambiance" at a place called Grumpy's in Garden Hill (? Garden something)   Worth the flight to Texas.  Humongous hamburgers, far out appetizers, portions to mow down a cardiac unit, great flavors and fun service.

The Alamo.  Never fails to move... and anger me.

Got an invite to come back and hunt, which I plan to do.

code

The Uzi is defiantly only in Texas for sure :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:. Sounds like you had fun. looking forward to possibly going cat or yote hunting with you next week.
"One does not hunt in order to kill. On the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted." --Jose Ortega y Gasset

Okanagan

Full auto is restricted everywhere, even in Texas.  It was the right combination of range and legal friends... and such a combo is more likely in Texas, for sure!

Hope we get to hunt next week.  I need to stick around the home ranch and get some work done there once in awhile and the pressure is on not to go anywhere for awhile after this last trip.  Wish we could hunt that concentration of bobcat sign we found the day you got a limit of grouse, (and no, do not say the location on an open forum! :nofgr: ) but that a long drive and probably too much snow to get to.

FWIW sent the first post while airborne, flying from Dallas/FW to SeaTac.  Still not home.

code

Oh you mean the one by the snake river when it comes into Clarkston on Evans road. that was a great spot.
"One does not hunt in order to kill. On the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted." --Jose Ortega y Gasset

Okanagan

Oh no!!!

Now everybody knows where we found the highest concentration of bobcat sign we've ever seen!

You turkey! :laf: 

code

FinsnFur

Well, I know where I'm going tomorrow. :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

FOsteology

Where about in Texas were you visiting?

Okanagan

Quote from: FOsteology on February 12, 2012, 06:18:28 PM
Where about in Texas were you visiting?

We stayed close to San Antonio.  Had originally planned to visit an old friend near Huntsville with a stop in Austin and also make a run to Corpus Christi but the trip got cut short due to a funeral.

I'm hoping to head back down there maybe this spring.  PM me if you're anywhere near those places and might have time for a coffee.

KySongDog

Quote from: code on February 12, 2012, 11:14:52 AM
Oh you mean the one by the snake river when it comes into Clarkston on Evans road. that was a great spot.

uh....mmm.....what state?   Got a map link?   

:laf:

Okanagan

Quote from: Semp on February 13, 2012, 06:01:54 AM
Quote from: code on February 12, 2012, 11:14:52 AM

uh....mmm.....what state?   Got a map link?   

:laf:

Now see what you've done. Code?  Better start selling maps, and have your brothers set up a concession stand.  :wink:

code

We had better start selling maps for eastern WA you are right :doh2: :doh2:. we already have the blueprints made up for the concession stands. :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls:

Ladobe

Maps???? So archaic.   
For $5 I'll send you the GPS coordinates.    :innocentwhistle:

:sleep:  Shooting fully automatic weapons and blowing things up is old hat in Las Vegas, with several outfits supplying all the gear needed and places to do it for a fee.   
USN 1967-1971

Thou shalt keep thy religious beliefs to thyself please.  Meus

FOsteology

Quote from: Okanagan on February 12, 2012, 11:22:09 PM
I'm hoping to head back down there maybe this spring.  PM me if you're anywhere near those places and might have time for a coffee.

San Antonio is not too terribly far from my AO. Let me know when you plan on being back down, and we'll see if we can get together for lunch or something.