• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

BITE ME!!!

Started by Bopeye, February 13, 2012, 08:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bopeye

I just haven't said that in awhile. I am pleased to hear how much fun y'all had at the LBL this year. The number of coyotes taken was a dang good count. You guys really hit paydirt!!!  :highclap:

Love all of ya, so take care and will try to get on here a little more often. Between my daughter's band and my son playing basketball in two different leagues.........it's just crazy I tell ya.  :whew:  A good kind of crazy though. Jared has practice every day. Plays games on Tuesdays or Thursdays and then has a game every Saturday. I just didn't have it in my heart to miss one of his games to go hunting. I do apologize, but he won't always be here and wanting dad to be at every one of his games, practices, etc. The coyotes will be. Soon enough that's all I will be doing as my kids will have their own lives.

I miss you guys, I wish each of you the very best and will hopefully be hunting with you again fairly soon.

BTW, my dad had a brain episode or a mini stroke or whatever they are calling it right now about 3 weeks ago. He goes for surgery Thursday morning to open up the carotid artery on the left side of his neck. I know some of you on here know exactly what I am talking about. He will be fine, but would still appreciate you thinking of him Thursday morning. Probably have to use a hacksaw to get through that tough old bird, but he is still just human.

Peace to my brothers in sport.  :yoyo:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Hawks Feather

Bop,

Sorry to hear about your Dad and will keep him in my prayers.  Becky's mom had that procedure twice and came through it fine both times.  Hopefully your Dad will be the same.

As for spending time with your kids rather than playing on the internet and chasing coyotes, all I can say is congratulations on being a GOOD Dad.

Jerry

Frogman

Bopeye,

Good to hear from you.  I missed you at LBL!  Thoughts and prayers for your Dad!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

KySongDog

I hope your Dad pulls though OK, Bopeye.   Good to hear from you again. 

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

HaMeR

Prayers & Best Wishes to your Dad Bop!!!!!!! 

You're doing things right my Friend. Couldn't be prouder of you!!

BTW--  HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU BIG OL SILVERBACK "BITE ME" MACHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!    :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

Dang IT!! HaMeR beat me to it!  :doh2:

But yeah, Happy Birthday You Silverback breath beast  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

straycat

Hope ya have a good B-day !

Best wishes for your Dad.
"If you're going to be a smartass, you'd better start by being smart before you start being an ass."

Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.

Todd Rahm

Glad to see ya stopping y and wish ya a very happy birthday my FNF Brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :congrats:

Busy, is understandbale, and I hope all works out for your father.

Please, don't be stranger,
Todd

Yotehntr

Missed you at the LBL James!  I'll be praying for you dad! take care!

oh Happy Birthday ya old fart!
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

weedwalker

HAPPY BIRTHDAY James. We missed ya this year .We're praying for your Dad.

Ed

Hawks Feather

Hey sorry I missed wishing you Happy Birthday.  I guess it is better a day late than never.

Jerry

Happy Birthday          Happy Birthday          Happy Birthday          Happy Birthday          Happy Birthday          Happy Birthday          Happy Birthday
Red in honor of the Bite Me King.

Hidehunter

Yup I missed it to...HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOP!!!
Denver                                           

HuntnCarve

Happy Birthday Bop!  :highclap:

We'll keep your dad and all of you in our prayers.

Dave

shaddragger

Quote from: Bopeye on February 13, 2012, 08:52:38 PM
I just didn't have it in my heart to miss one of his games to go hunting. I do apologize, but he won't always be here and wanting dad to be at every one of his games, practices, etc. The coyotes will be. Soon enough that's all I will be doing as my kids will have their own lives.

Not one thing to apologize for. It sounds like you have a firm grip on the present priorities, since the future will depend on it. Congratulations to you and prayers for your Dad.
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

Dave

Best of luck to your dad on Thursday - he'll be in my prayers. 
And I did notice you haven't posted any BITE ME'S in a while, and I"m glad to know it's for the right reasons.
Happy birthday

Bopeye

Thank you so much for all the well wishes and prayers for my Dad. He came through like a champ......kinda figured he would.  :wink:
Kinda funny though, he said, "It's amazing how much light there is in the world when your not in a fog". I had to laugh. You would have to know Dad to really appreciate that statement.   :laf:

Did make me get to wondering if I didn't need the surgery though......... :wo: :wink:

BTW, for those of you who know me personally. I have lost 60 lbs. since November and no, I didn't have my head chopped off.  :nono:
Another 60 lbs. wouldn't hurt a thing, but you got to start somewhere.

Trying to stop in here a little more often. I miss our bantering back and forth. Sometimes I guess I went a little too far, but for those that know me, it was meant as humor, not malicious as some believe. That's the problem with the written word. If you are not a good writer, which I am not, sometimes the intent of your post is totally lost and it comes out or is taken wrong.

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

coyote101

I've been away and missed this. Good to hear that your dad made it through the procedure okay James. And that the family is doing so well. Hope you had a great birthday and keep up the great work with the weight loss.

Pat

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

HaMeR

Great to hear your Dad is doing well James!!! Congratulations on the 60lb loss as well!!!! Best Wishes to you & your entire Family!!!!!!!!!!  :biggrin: :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

KySongDog

Glad to hear your Dad is A-OK.   Also, great job with that weight loss too!   I'll expect to see you at LBL next year!

Hawks Feather

Quote from: Semp on February 19, 2012, 03:15:17 PM
I'll expect to see you at LBL next year!

Bop keeps losing weight like he is now and he could be there and no one would be able to see his skinny little body.

Jerry