• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Found some fun (for me anyway) pictures today...

Started by Ladobe, May 01, 2012, 08:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ladobe

The ex has almost all the photos taken the 35 we were together, but I came across a couple of albums I somehow ended up with.

These are of my son who got a 22 rifle and handgun for Christmas after he turned 8 when he had proved himself with his BB and pellet rifles (he got the BB at age 5, the pellet a couple later).   He got an Anschutz Woodchucker and a S&W Model 63 for starters.

Shooting his Anshutz Woodchucker...

And his Model 63...

Shooting my Colt Ace...

And my Colt New Frontier Buntline...

He showed no fear at all and touched off 3-4 in one of my Ruger Super Blackhawks. I didn't tell him until a couple of years later I had loaded it with 44 Special ammo when he shot it though.

USN 1967-1971

Thou shalt keep thy religious beliefs to thyself please.  Meus

vvarmitr

That is cool!  :biggrin:
What a treat for a youngster to shoot such a variety of guns.

FOsteology

A trip down memory lane huh Ladobe? I'm sure the pictures brought back some fond memories.  Nice assortment of shooting iron your son was displaying!

Thanks for sharing. 

FinsnFur

The Super Blackhawk looks almost longer then his arm :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

JohnP

Nice photo's, makes me want to go dig out some of our old black and white pictures.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Ladobe

James,
I've always owned a lot of firearms, and told him that he could shoot any of them he wanted IF I felt he could handle them.   He took me up on a lot of them, some that were really pushing the envelope for his size at the various times.   Did have a bunch he wouldn't try, he was afraid of them, some I wouldn't let him shoot even when full grown.  But then most of those were handcannons that not a single one of my pards at the gun club dared to shoot either.   

FOs,
The gal I was with for 35 years never batted an eye no many how many firearms I bought, or how expensive they were... so I always had a lot of nice guns and lots of customs.   I got away with having real nice muscle cars all my life too, and pretty much anything else I wanted.  Tit for tat though, she also got anything she wanted.

Jim,
Yep, the SB was just about too much for him to hold up, but he hit a couple of pop cans anyway.   I had a couple fo 7-halfers and a 10-halfer Super Blackhawks back then... had the 10-halfer along that day.

USN 1967-1971

Thou shalt keep thy religious beliefs to thyself please.  Meus

Todd Rahm

Looks like ya found some gems down memory lane!!!!! Cool pics too!! When do we get to some of you shooting from the covered wagon?  :alscalls: Just fun'n, thanks for sharing.