• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Big West Virginia Hawg!!!

Started by Hidehunter, May 06, 2012, 05:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hidehunter

Me and my buddy got on the water Friday right after all the lightning quit.  We toughed out the rain and it paid off.  The day was going pretty slow and we hadnt seen a fish.  That all changed when this ol girl slammed his bait at boatside on the figure 8 and the fight was on.  We got her in the net and got the hooks out.  Picked her up and put her on the bumpboard and snapped a couple pics.  We only had her out of the water for about 20 seconds.  When he went to put her back in, as soon as she hit the water she nailed him through the glove and buried a tooth in his thumb.  He bled like a stuck hog.  I couldnt even super glue it because he was bleeding so bad.  It looked like we killed a deer in the boat when it was over with.  Finally got some superglue to hold and we started fishing again.

A fat WV 49 incher

The best part was watching her swim away.  She can be a state record in a year or 2

Battle Scars...This is after we already got some super glue on it to
Denver                                           

Todd Rahm

Thats it I'm not talking to ya anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!  :argh:

But it is a very nice fish!!!!!!!!!  :innocentwhistle: :wink: :biggrin:

Hawks Feather

Looks like a great fish that won the fight.  He got released with little (if any) blood loss and caused blood loss for the people who helped him out of the water.

Jerry

possumal

That's a real whopper!  Kudos to you guys.  :congrats: :congrats:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

shaddragger

Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

FinsnFur

Boy that is a NICE fish :congrats: :highclap: :yoyo:

Every time I look at your musky pics I cringe at the placement of that right hand :sick2: I dont know how you can hold them like that or where your even putting that hand in there exactly.
But holy crap, you can imagine what went through my mind when I scrolled down and saw the leeker :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hidehunter

There is actually a sweet spot in there you can slide your hand in really easy...no gill plates and no worries of teeth.  Once you do it a couple times its real easy and just comes natural.  First couple of times are a little scary.  Some people use Bogo Grips which I do not like at all.  Very easy to break the fishes jaw when they start gator rolling and stuff.  I hate when I see musky pics of people holding a musky up using bogo grips.  Id like to clip it around their jaw and hold them up and see how they like it lol.  He didnt even have a hold of her head when she got him.  He was turning her loose and went to push on her head to straighten her up in the water and she politely sank a tooth in him in the process.
Denver                                           

FinsnFur

I dont think I'm up for trying to find that sweet spot. :sad3:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

iahntr

Scott

Hidehunter

She really was a pretty fish.  I'm hoping to get back there after them Friday if everything works out and I dont end up having to go to work.
Denver                                           

Todd Rahm

Frogman

WOW!!  That's a whopper!  Sorry for the injury!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!