Main Menu

Caught me a new pet today...

Started by Hidehunter, June 06, 2012, 02:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hidehunter

About 38-40 inches long but a huge set of rattlers
Denver                                           

possumal

Just that picture makes me nervous. Glad he's your pet and not mine.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

slagmaker

Let us know when you teach him to play dead.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

JohnP

When they come for mine they better bring theirs

FinsnFur

:sick2: You are clearly off ya damn rocker :doh2: :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bambam

Cool. You gonna eat it ? We've been trying to find one here, been out a couple times but no luck. My daughter and I want to eat one.

Hawks Feather

If you see any more make sure to keep them there and not send them this way.

Jerry

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Hidehunter

I gave him to a buddy of mine yesterday.  I've never ate one and have no idea how to properly clean him up.  Id love to try one though.  He really was pretty...the pic aint the best though.  He was pretty easy to catch because of the cool weather we have been having but he got pretty spunky when I had a hold of him and he was makin me nervous lol.
Denver                                           

JohnP

Skin and clean just like you would anyother creature.  I use a pair of scissors and carefully cut the underside from the tail on up, being carefull not to puncture into the body cavity.  Pull the skin off from the top down to the tail.  Open the body cavity just like you do on a deer, clean it out then cut into bite size pieces.  Cook like you would any other piece of meat.  Don't tell your buddies what they are eating and you'll be surprised how much they like it.  Once you tell them it was a rattler stand out of the way because at least one of them will puke all over ya.

Use to eat it all the time.  One morning out in the horse barn heard some noise in the corner of one of the stalls.  When I checked it out I saw a rattler eating one of the barn rats.  Haven't ate a rattler since!  Should also add the you should cut the head off before you do anything.  He can still bite you and inject his venom even after death.  Cut the head off and bury it.

Hidehunter

Thanks John,  we got this one yesterday...may try him out

Denver                                           

FinsnFur

Good lord son stop playing with the dang snakes. :sad3: :sick2:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Hidehunter

:laf:  Why is that, they wont hurt ya lol.
Denver                                           

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Bopeye

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

bigben

Our crew caught 5 legal snakes this past weekend with three being at 50" or longer

"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

code

"One does not hunt in order to kill. On the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted." --Jose Ortega y Gasset

JohnP

Ben - Define legal snakes?  You don't mean that PA has a season and/or size limit on them, or do you?

bigben

Yes the season just came in and goes till july 31st. Only one male timber rattler and one copperhead a year. Rattlers must be 42" long and has to have 21 subscaldle scales.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Carolina Coyote

Those are some big Rattlers, that thing could swallow a full grown Rabbit, I run across one down in Georgia ever once in a while but I don't catch them.  :rolleye: cc