• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Back...

Started by Ladobe, July 11, 2012, 12:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ladobe

Got my computer back last night after my son having it since Saturday.   Took us 3 hours together just to get everything set to my preferences.   It had registry problems, a bunch of corrupted applications despite no viruses/worms, it locked up constantly needing a reboot to do anything, and it ran slower than slow (barely above full stop).

Amazing how lost you are without a computer, how much you come to count on one after having them for decades.  In my case I was completely out of touch with the whole world... no phone, no email, no nothing at all unless I went to and stood in front of it.

Down side is he started over and loaded newer versions of the apps, so now I have the task of figuring out how to use them all again.   Why they completely change an app to almost something entirely different for an upgrade is beyond me, and they have done that for years.   How well I remember the days of relearning Corel Draw almost from scratch for years because of constant new versions, and with many other apps as well.

Anyway, schools in session today as I learn how to find the tools to get through walls,  etc on almost every app on my computer now.   

Hope it's not true that you can't teach an old dog new tricks.    :iroll:
USN 1967-1971

Thou shalt keep thy religious beliefs to thyself please.  Meus

FOsteology

You're posting again, so obviously it's a sign that "old dogs" can indeed learn new tricks!  :wink:

Glad to have you back Ladobe.

FinsnFur

Ehhhhh, it'll give ya something to do on those nights you cant sleep. :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Ladobe

My Internet browser didn't change much, but some of the others will be keeping me up nights until I figure them out.   Can't believe how hard they made doing the simplest tasks... kind of why I had stayed with OLD versions for so long, so old they are not available anymore, not even in my kids stash of 100's of thousands of applications.   So in with the new, at least as new as this computer can handle.   Time to double the RAM, hard drive is still more than 60% open, and I can always tap into the huge W2K server I so far only use to store pictures and documents I poat on forums.
USN 1967-1971

Thou shalt keep thy religious beliefs to thyself please.  Meus

Hidehunter

Glad to have ya back Ladobe
Denver