• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

71-Year-Old Concealed Carry Holder Thwarts Robbery

Started by coyote101, July 18, 2012, 09:00:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FOsteology

NEVER mess with an old man.... he'll just shoot your azz!  :laf:

Kudos to the CCW holder for taking a stand against the lowlifes. Hope that he upgrades to something a little larger than the .380. A .45ACP with some 230 grain jacketed HP would have been better !!

KySongDog

Its a miracle they didn't try to prosecute the old man for a hate crime.   

Hidehunter

Quote from: Semp on July 18, 2012, 05:47:04 PM
Its a miracle they didn't try to prosecute the old man for a hate crime.

Thats what I was thinking.  Glad everything worked out the way it did.
Denver                                           

CCP

QuoteNineteen-year-olds Duwayne Henderson and Davis Dawkins were later arrested and face attempted armed robbery with a firearm and criminal mischief charges. Both posted bail and were released.

Wonder who these nitwits are connected too?? They posted bail on those charges real quick not something two run of the mill robbers are able to afford. Seen at least 6 people in that cafe so that should be at least 6 counts attempted robbery??

Anywhoo glad to see some armed citizens doing good get some press.

Need to check and see where Semp was the last few days.. :innocentwhistle:

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Bopeye

That is awesome!! My dad told me about that Friday, but I hadn't seen it until now.

With the Aurora Massacre making headlines, the anti gun freaks are screaming louder than ever now.
Maybe, just maybe, they should show what a gun in the hands of a good, God fearing Patriot can really do.
What if a few of those guys in that theatre would have had their handguns with them. Ya think as many people would have died? I don't. I personally always carry my handgun and I would like to think whether at an internet bar or a movie theatre that I would have the courage to do what that man did and let the anti's be damned!!!

Got to stand for something at some point or the whole damn thing is going to flush down the toilet.  :innocentwhistle:

Hoorah to my new hero in that video.  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

HaMeR

You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yoyo: :yoyo:  Aaron Tippin
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

Quote from: Bopeye on July 24, 2012, 05:20:50 PM
What if a few of those guys in that theatre would have had their handguns with them.

Being a CCW holder myself, that question enters my mind every single time I see coverage of the Colorado Theater shooting. :sad:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

Quote from: FinsnFur on July 24, 2012, 06:53:00 PM
Quote from: Bopeye on July 24, 2012, 05:20:50 PM
What if a few of those guys in that theatre would have had their handguns with them.

Being a CCW holder myself, that question enters my mind every single time I see coverage of the Colorado Theater shooting. :sad:

Having a gun is better than not having one for sure.  Being trained with the gun is infinitely better still.   Lots of people carry a gun that, in a high stress situation, would be about as useful as a brick.     I thought I knew how to shoot a handgun.  Then I shot my first IDPA match and realized how rusty I was under stress.   And those targets weren't shooting back!

FinsnFur

Couldnt agree more Semp.
Thoughts of persecution and incarceration never leave my mind when I'm carrying and I'm sure good training could lessen those odds much more. I've been looking into that myself.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bopeye

I agree with you Semp. I shoot with a guy that is a cop and spent 2 tours in Iraq with the 101st Airborne. He also teaches combat handgun/long gun skills. I have learned a lot from him.
I won't ever know just exactly how well I will do if put in a life or death situation until the time comes, but I am more confident now with the training. Lots of repetition. Doing the right thing, the same way every time.
I hope I never have to find out, but if I do then it's either pass (live) or fail (die). Guess we will know if/when that day comes.  :wink:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

HaMeR

There would be no failure if you draw your weapon & die trying Bop. Just my thoughts.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11