• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Need some feedback...

Started by Hidehunter, July 26, 2012, 02:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hidehunter

Just got through finishing this one up.  Still needs topcoat but I'm experimenting with this Chrome design.  I dont have much time to build lures this time of year but plan on putting some time in this winter when work slows down.  this is just one of my regular Dirty glides but with a flashy chrome finish.  Its kind of a pain and am looking for some feedback from some guys that spend time on the water.  If people seem to like it and it catches fish and sales, I think I'l call it the Dirty Flash Series.  Gona put it on some of my crank baits and such to.  Give me some feedback whether it be positive or negative.

Denver                                           

possumal

Hidehunter, I don't get after the fish anymore, but I can just about guarantee you that the hybrid stripers in Herrington Lake and similar impoundments will jump all over that finish.  A buddy of mine who lives right on Herrington and is recognized as about the number one authority on the hybrids there uses several lures in the jumps with a similar finish.  Very realistic looking!  :congrats:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

FinsnFur

I think it'll work beautifully. It looks great.
How big is that sucker? It looks like it's around 6 inches. Mannn I'd have to get a bigger truck just for the tacklebox if I was a musky fisherman. :laf:

Your finish actually looks a lot like my favorite rattle trap.
Nice work.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

iahntr

yep, I like it. Looks good  :congrats:
Scott

Todd Rahm

I think will rock color wise, how's the movement?

weedwalker

That's a great color scheme. And either a white belly or an orange stripe on the belly works great, for bass anyway.

Hidehunter

Quote from: Todd Rahm on July 27, 2012, 01:47:05 AM
I think will rock color wise, how's the movement?

Here is a short video I filmed with the lure in action.  Not the exact lure but one of the same gliders I made. (not the best graphics due to the cam I had on my boat at the time.  When uploaded to youtube it made it even worse for some reason)

Denver                                           

FinsnFur

I like :eyebrownod:
I can see that triggering any prey fish.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hidehunter

They are my goto bait when water hits around 40 degrees. You can work em slow and leave em hangin in the strike zone. They work year around tho.
Denver                                           

iahntr

I kept waitin for the water to explode !!  :wink:
They have some nice action to em for sure.
Scott

possumal

You wouldn't want to crank that across in front of a dock if old Bopeye was there. He's liable to pounce right in on top of it with a beverage in one hand and a slab of bread in the other.   :biggrin:     Seriously speaking, it does have a great action.  I know the hybrids and rockfish would bust that thing when they are in the jumps. :congrats: :congrats:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff