• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Computer Problem

Started by blacky, August 21, 2012, 05:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blacky

Just recently when I type either in email or in a forum some of the letters don't appear in the message. I thought it was my keyboard wearing out so I bought a new wireless keyboard with a matching mouse and the problem still exists. This is frustrating. Can anyone offer advice on how to fix this problem?

Thank you,
Gene
Complete line of turkey, locator, deer and squirrel calls.
www.genesturkeycalls.com

riverboss

I have a problem much like you. My words get all screwed up when i type sometimes it jumps around and types over words ive already typed. Mine is on a laptop it takes forever to post anything. It only 8 months old.

blacky

I switched to Google Chrome as my browser and it didn't help. I then tried Firefox but it won't work on my computer so I tried Google again and it is working just fine.
www.genesturkeycalls.com

FinsnFur

There isnt any reason that Firefox shouldn't work on any computer.
But the first thing that comes to my mind when I see these two posts, (missing letters when I type) is Spyware.

Other then the fact that a dieing battery in your keyboard can absolutely cause this, the biggest culprit is going to be Spyware.
The reason it happens when caused by SpyWare is that your computer cannot keep up with what your trying to type, any other programs you might have open, plus the data collection that the Spyware is running without you knowing it.
The cursor and or mouse react sporadically is they obtain enough resources to do what they need to do, but by the time they DO...they already missed half of what you typed.
Download this and run a full system scan. http://www.malwarebytes.org/
It's $25 to buy it, or they have a free version. Either will get you back on your feet if SpyWare is the culprit, and the paid one will keep your protected.

Related to this, would be other resource hogs.
If you have a fairly old computer and your trying to run Norton 2012 Internet Security Suite in the background, you might as well hang it up there. Norton sucks and always has been a resource hog. And an old computer certainly is not helping the matters.
But any antivirus straight out of the box and set up to be completely fool proof, is going to bog all but the best systems too. A little common sense when setting up any antivirus will go a long way and save tons of otherwise burned up and wasted resources which in turn will cause these keyboard issues.

And speaking of resources, any programs you have running, either up front or in the background are going to use valuable resources and could cause this. If your not using something, close it. You dont leave the bathroom fan running when your at the neighbors grilling do you?  :wink:

A bad motherboard can and will cause this too, all though it's not as common, it shouldn't be dismissed as impossible.
How do you tell if it's the motherboard?
Run a full system scan with the MalwareBytes program, and then once that proves your clean try using a different keyboard, with all other background programs disabled. or restart the machine in safe mode...and see if the problem persists.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

blacky

I just bought this new wireless keyboard and mouse yesterday and put in new batteries. I thought the problem was my old keyboard wearing out.
As I said, I am now running Google Chrome and things are doing well.
I will download the Malware thing and run it to see what happens.

Thanks
www.genesturkeycalls.com

Ladobe

I have a problem with my computer too.   My ISP has raised my rates three times in the last year, twice - 15% in the last three months, for over 20% total this year (so far).   Pretty steep considering the over all cost of living index here is 1.7% BELOW the national average.   Getting to the point it's not worth it just for something to piddle on to pass some time.
USN 1967-1971

Thou shalt keep thy religious beliefs to thyself please.  Meus

CCP

I have a mouse that creates this same problem on my desk top computer. the mouse was 8 or so years old and ran the past 5 on the same computer. I switched the mouse and no more problem. However the same mouse works great plugged into the laptop. :shrug:

Also my editing keyboard does the same thing after a few days of use so only use it when editing. I can tell when the keyboard is starting to act up the upper left icons in editing or on the firefox browser will start to flicker.

These were my problem solvers but like Jim said most problems like these is related to Spyware.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

blacky

I downloaded and ran the Malware program Jim mentioned in an above post. It showed that I had 7 Malware items that could have been causing the problem. The program got rid of those 7 and my computer is doing just fine now and is running much faster.
Thanks Jim.
www.genesturkeycalls.com

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HaMeR

I figgered it was just full of sawdust Gene!!  :shrug:

:laf: :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

blacky

Hamer, if I brought any saw dust near this computer, you might be reading my obit. shortly after. She gets upset enough with it being in the garage and getting on her Buick.  lol
www.genesturkeycalls.com

HaMeR

:laf: :laf:  Well then you best be extra careful Gene!!!!!!  :biggrin: :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Hawks Feather

Glad to hear that you have it up and running.  As you can see (from my posts above - none) that I knew nothing that might help.

Jerry

HaMeR

Quote from: Hawks Feather on August 23, 2012, 11:00:17 AM
Glad to hear that you have it up and running.  As you can see (from my posts above - none) that I knew nothing that might help.

Jerry

That's why I waited to derail Gene's thread Jerry.  :laf: :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Hawks Feather

Quote from: HaMeR on August 23, 2012, 12:54:33 PM
Quote from: Hawks Feather on August 23, 2012, 11:00:17 AM
Jerry

That's why I waited to derail Gene's thread Jerry.  :laf: :laf:

Yep, if we would have posted sooner he would have thought that one of us might actually have known how to solve the problem.

HaMeR

And we couldn't let that happen now could we??  :nono: :nono:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11