• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

I just wrote my first XML file

Started by FinsnFur, August 22, 2012, 07:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

And it worked like a charm  :hellyeah:
I know none of ya know what that is, but you'll probably look it up and get a better explanation then I can give.

I had to share this story with someone, cmon man give me a break :whew:  :laf:
I tried telling the girls and they went like this :huh:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyote101

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Hawks Feather

So I looked it up and it said that it was a set of rules for encoding documents in a format that would be both human and machine readable.  Seeing how I can't see any results I have to assume that you forgot the human readable part.   :shrug:

Jerry

P.S.  Congratulations, I think.

FinsnFur

The sad part about that Jerry...is I dont think very many people at all could read the "human readable" part anyway.

I mean they could read it literally, but it would make zero sense to most. It'd be based on pronouncing things correctly and thats about it, cause the sequence of the words unlike were used to seeing in a normal sentence goes right out the window. :laf:

But hey, thanks just the same. :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Hawks Feather

01010111 01100101 01101100 01101100 00100000 01000011 01101111 01101110 01100111 01110010 01100001 01110100 01110101 01101100 01100001 01110100 01101001 01101111 01101110 01110011 00100001 !!!

Jerry

slagmaker

Well Jerry it was looking good till you miss spelled the last part.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Yotehntr

:confused:  Jerry I don't know if you meant to do that but I think those last 2 byte's made a word...  :shrug:

Oh yeah... congrats on the xml thingy..  :laf:
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

KySongDog

XML coding has been around for quite a while.  Here is what an AICPA (American Institute of CPAs') article said about it in 1999.

"XML IS A NEW MARKUP LANGUAGEâ€" a relative of the Web’s HTMLâ€"that codes all information, making it accessible to many users across virtually all programs and platforms.

XML TELLS YOU WHAT the information is, such as a customer name in a purchase order, and how it should be presented, such as in print or in a Web site.

CPAs HAVE TO MOVE and manipulate vast amounts of data. XML can automate much of the rote work by allowing different systems to speak to each other, saving CPAs for more highly valued analytical work.

XML IS NOT THE PROPERTY of any one company; it is an open language available to everyone. Any accounting software vendor can incorporate XML and XML standards.

XML USE INCLUDES the automation and simplification of audit schedules, the elimination of cumbersome and expensive accounts payable systems and the creation of universal, easy-to-implement e-commerce solutions.

THE NEED TODAY IS for standardization of the coding process, so all financial report information, for example, can be easily understood no matter which program or platform you use. "

I never had the need to learn it but I know others did and found it very useful for analyzing financial information.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers