• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Al's tutorials

Started by Arkyyoter, March 16, 2007, 07:20:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkyyoter

Guys.....if you haven't taken the time to go through Al's tutorials on his site, I strongly urge you to do so. I finally took the time to so, and there is a wealth of information there. In a time where it seems so many are attempting to keep information about call building a black art, here is a site that just lays it out there.....well worth the time it takes to study it!!

Joe

FinsnFur

Quote from: Arkyyoter on March 16, 2007, 07:20:54 AM

In a time where it seems so many are attempting to keep information about call building a black art

I haven't seen that here. In fact I've seen the complete opposite.
I would understand 100% if people had things they didnt want to share regarding making calls. After all, any market gets competitive.
But like I said I haven't seen that attitude here. It's pretty common ground at PM, but were talking two totally different breeds of people now.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Arkyyoter

Mayhaps I should have quantified that statement Jim.....I did not mean to infer that attitude existed on FnF....it was, instead, meant as a blanket statement. I think we all know this board is significantly different...my apologies if it seemed contrary to my intent.

Joe

Todd Rahm

Yipper, Al's site almost makes ya want to be a call spinner.  :biggrin: Very nicely done.  :congrats:

Heres another page with helpers.

http://www.edglenn.net/Duck%20Calls.htm

I really dig the "Aztec"  :innocentwhistle: Hint Hint  :biggrin:

THO Game Calls

Thanks Joe - I appreciate that you appreciate the tutorials - if that makes any sense.

Todd -

the aztec is very nice - but - and this is a big but - I still have all ten fingers - and I plan on keeping it that way (knock on wood) besides - all those little tiny parts - all that glue - and then the cussing and fuming -

nah - I'll pass for now LOL

AL
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

DirtyDog

Correct me if I am wrong here Jim, but that was one of the main goals for this site. For people who don't have their heads so far up each others rear ends, that can share imformation, help each other out, build new freindships. I am so suprised at how quickly people to respond POSITIVELY to other peoples questions and statements. You all have made me feel welcome here and I can not thank you enough for the freindship.

ND

Todd Rahm

Lol.........ND, Jim can't hear ya, he has his head stuck up someones exaust.  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: Sorry couldn't pass it up.

Al the best part is

QuoteI'll pass for now LOL

Ya said for now   :biggrin:

THO Game Calls

LOL Todd - you never know.  Right now, I have another iron in the fire and it is taking up all of my free time, but it is something I have always wanted to do with the calls.  If things go right, I might even have something ready for St Charles and the Fancy Call Contest.   It'll be pushig the envelope for me a bit, and I may not be comfortable with the finished product by the time of the show, but we will see.

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com

Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Hawks Feather

Seems like someone, who shall remain nameless but goes by the alias THO, is once again starting to tease the masses.

Jerry