• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

92 year old Air Force veteran shoots intruder

Started by possumal, September 04, 2012, 10:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

possumal

Here is a link to the story about the old fellow from Verona, Ky., Earl Jones, age 92, shooting an intruder with his trust 22 rifle.  Let's all chip in and send him a block of high quality 22 shells, maybe a case.  He deserves special praise, in my opinion.  I'll bet the old rascal had popped many a bushytail with that trusty old 22.

Here is the link about the Verona, Ky. hero, 92 year old Earl Jones:

http://fox4kc.com/2012/09/04/92-year-old-veteran-kills-intruder/
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

KySongDog

Good for him.  A single shot from a .22........nice!  Who says the .22lr is too small for varmint hunting? 

possumal

Semp, I have always said I'd rather have 2 or 3 long rifle hollow points, or better yet Stingers, dead center in the chest, head, or throat than one 45 in the shoulder or arm.   A lot of people can hit with a low recoil pistol or rifle, but couldn't hit a bull in the ass with a big bore pistol if they are nervous about the ordeal at hand.   Most of the new shooters up at Bud's Gun Warehouse and Range, where I have been working for about the past three weeks, do much better starting with a small caliber like a 380 and then graduating to a 9mm or 357 mag. when they get some experience and confidence.

I think we should have a donation to get a brick of top quality 22 ammo to send to this true American hero.  I'll start it off with $5.00 if anyone is interested in doing so.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

FinsnFur

Quote from: Semp on September 04, 2012, 11:17:20 PM
Who says the .22lr is too small for varmint hunting?

I was gonna say the same thing.
Nicely done by the ol feller. I was happy to see no charges being filed right off the bat too.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com