• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Buttons

Started by Spike, October 02, 2012, 07:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spike

Yesterday evening me and my dad went out hunting for deer, mainly for buck. We drove about a half an hour to get to the spot. It took us a bit to get our selves situated, but we got up in the stand around 5:00-5:15. About an hour into the hunt we saw a six point on the other side of the woods. It wan't that big and I truthfully would have passed it up. About another half an hour went by and we herd what we thought was a hunter calling a fawn bleat. It did it about 2-3 times and then it stopped. Then about 5-10 minutes later we herd it about half as far from us. We thought for sure it was a hunter until we saw the deer's body. It started quartering away about 70 yards and kind of turned toward us. We saw it starting to come on the trail to our left. Once it got on the trail it started into a trot. Right as it started leaping I pulled back my bow and I made a grunt/bleat sound right when it got into a shooting lane. While dad was messing with the video camera I took the shot. It looked like a perfect shot and it headed up into the thicket. We couldn't see it after it ran 60 yards. We thought we herd it crash just out of sight. Sure enough when we got down, there he was laying right off to the side of the trail. Here's a pic. he was a button buck.

coyote101

Dante you are quite the hunter.  :highclap: :highclap: Congratulations on another successful hunt young man, you should be very proud of yourself.  :congrats: :congrats:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

riverboss

Wow!! when i was your age the biggest thing i had killed was a groundhogg. Your dad must be very proud of your accomplishments. :yoyo: :yoyo:

nastygunz

Hes a hunting fishing machine wowzer!

FinsnFur

Button Buffet :yoyo: Thats going to be one of the best eating deer you've ever had son. I can almost promise you.
Nice

That played that out so perfectly :congrats: Nice work and thanks for sharing it with us.
Did your Dad ever get the camera running? :doh2: :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

code

Congrats that will be some great eating. :highclap:
"One does not hunt in order to kill. On the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted." --Jose Ortega y Gasset

slagmaker

congrats on the meat on the ground and for the excellent wright up.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Okanagan

Excellent!  Good hunting, good decisions made in the stress of the moment, excellent shooting, a fine hunt all around.  Good for you!

Dave

Quote from: FinsnFur on October 02, 2012, 09:08:11 PM
Did your Dad ever get the camera running? :doh2: :laf:
I did cough the ball up with with the camera, but I recovered the fumble with some lost yardage.  When we finally saw it was a deer and not some bozo blowing on a call, I scrambled to get the camera rolling.  I thought I had pushed in the record button and this thing kicked it into high gear on the trail.  I noticed the green "STBY" flashing and realized I didn't push in the button all the way.   :doh2:  Dante is coming to full draw, the deeer is almost in his shooting lane and I'm trying to find the dang record button.  Dante froze him in his tracks with his 'Bwaaa'-ing just as I depressed the record button.  The first frame of the recording shows the deer standing semi-relaxed with the arrow just hitting the mark.  And I have since really messed up on it trying to figure out how to download the thing onto a computer.  I now only have about 1-1/2 seconds of video.  :doh2: :doh2: :doh2: (If I could hit myself harder, I would)
Well if I figure it out I'll post it.   Maybe as a series of single frame pics.

Carolina Coyote

Boy what a good shot right through the boiler room, way to go young man.  :highclap: cc

HuntnCarve

I was wondering when I was going to see this posted.  Way to go Dante!  Probably a good idea to cut your Dad some slack on the camera situation.  :doh2: We've all been there and done that.  The important thing is that he was there beside you.  I bet he was excited as you were.   :congrats:
As always, thanks for the adventure and taking us along. :wink:

Dave

FOsteology

Congrats Dante! Good shot. That's going to make for some fine eating.

Hidehunter

AWESOME Dante...he will be delicious!!  Great shot!!  I havent put any meat in the freezer yet...Do you give lessons?
Denver                                           

HaMeR

Well done Dante!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:

:confused:  Nice try Mike??!!  :shrug: :biggrin: :biggrin:

:alscalls: :alscalls:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Hawks Feather

FinsnFur

Dave :laf:
10-4 on the lost yardage  :alscalls:
You'll get it.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

weedwalker

Great shot Dante!! Way to go!! :highclap: :highclap:

Okanagan

These young bow hunters are making the rest of us look bad!   :highclap:

Frogman

WTG!!  Good shooting!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

nailbender

Nice shootin' Spike!   :highclap:  Probably a good call not waiting for the old man to figure out the camera! :laf: