• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

A month too soon

Started by coyote101, October 24, 2012, 10:24:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

I went out this morning to see if I could call a coyote. I didn't, but this guy showed up with his partner.
He hung around for a while and checked out the caller and decoy and I got this short video:

If you listen closely you can hear the e-caller in the background. He got within about 15 yards of it.

The other one was a little more spotted, but this one is almost completely grey. Bobcat season doesn't open till noon a month from today so I had to pass on him, but I know where he lives.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

coyote101

Here is a still shot I got before I swithched to video.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

riverboss

Thats neat Pat i want one so bad, Maybe this will be my year the last 2 years i have had them step out after the season was over.

Hawks Feather

Thanks I enjoyed watching them.  We don't have cats like that around here.

Jerry

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

markTNhunter

Nice video that looks like a good size cat I've had that happen a few times   :doh2:

FinsnFur

Very nice! :eyebrow:
When I first saw that top pic I could slowly  feel my retina start to detach as I tried to make out something distinguishable.   I thought my gahd does he think we can see something?

Then I realized it was a clickable video clip :doh2: :doh2:

Which leads me to say....NICE Capture! :yoyo:
He's going to make a nice hero pic when the time comes. We dont have a whole lot of them around here either. I had to go to Texas to bag my first one.

Thanks for sharing that with us by the way. :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyote101

Quote from: markTNhunter on October 24, 2012, 08:30:30 PM
Nice video that looks like a good size cat I've had that happen a few times   :doh2:

That is the biggest bobcat I've ever seen, and also the plainest. It was almost completely grey on the upper body and the backs of his ears were black and white. I have called several but only one has been when the season was open.

Quote from: FinsnFur on October 24, 2012, 08:40:40 PM
Very nice! :eyebrow:
When I first saw that top pic I could slowly  feel my retina start to detach as I tried to make out something distinguishable.   I thought my gahd does he think we can see something?

The quality of the video wasn't great to begin with because of all the muted colors. It lost a lot and got pretty grainy in the copying to photobucket.  :sad:

Pat
NRA Life Member

Hidehunter

Sweeet.  Hopefully you get another crack at him when season opens.  We have quite a few of them around here and allowed to take one a year.  They have snuck in behind me and scared the crap out of me back when I used to night hunt.
Denver                                           

coyote101

A few still shots from the video clip:

Pat
NRA Life Member

FinsnFur

Those are good captures. Boy he does look even bigger in those :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

Nice!  Were you in a tree stand?  Looks like you were videoing from an elevated position or is it just the angle?

coyote101

Quote from: Semp on October 28, 2012, 07:00:39 PM
Nice!  Were you in a tree stand?  Looks like you were videoing from an elevated position or is it just the angle?

I was in a ladder stand overlooking that soybean field. My e-caller was in the field. The cats came within four or five yards of me.

Pat
NRA Life Member

RonManci

That cat would have heard my heart pounding! That's awesome. Wanna see you holding it next month!

Carolina Coyote

Good video Pat, So far this year I have not seen one in Georgia which is very unusual,  but its just a matter of time I am sure as I have seen lot of sign , hope you get him when the season opens. cc