• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Buck, Buff and Brass.....

Started by Arkyyoter, March 17, 2007, 11:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkyyoter

As many of ya'll know, I have been working very hard to increase my skills as a call maker, as well as bring a more desirable call to the table. I have been experimenting with many things of late...mostly antler and horn. Today I tried my first brass band....I was trying to incorporate antler, horn and brass. The body is Whitetail antler, the mouth is Water Buffalo horn and the brass is THO  :biggrin:

This little call took several hours, but I have never seen or made anything like it. I am proud of the way it turned out....I think it is unusual and unique. I am going to attempt to show all sides of it....though one or two of the pics look off center, it is an illusion.

After looking at some of the calls posted on this site of late, I wasn't sure whether I was going to post this one here...you guys have the bar WAY up there for us dumb old hillbillies  :shck:  :holdon:  :madd:

It utilizes a JC reed sleeve and will be voiced with a tuned brass reed.

I would be most interested in your critique...

Joe

THO Game Calls

Thats SWEET!   I love it!   You done a good job on that one.   Perfect choice and blend of materials.   That one should go to the Fancy Call Contest.  I will bet they have NEVER seen anything like that!   Really impressive Joe - a wonderful call. 

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com

Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Arkyyoter

I sincerely appreciate that Al....sincerely do.

Joe

Hawks Feather

Joe,

I think the call looks super and I like the band on it.  The call has very good balance in that I don't think that it looks "weighted" either toward the bell or the mouthpiece and the colors of the materials used all compliment each other.  That would be my critique.

Jerry

Ladobe

You've been just like a kid in a candy store lately Joe with the horn and antler and now brass.   Trying all the flavors, mixing and matching them to see what "tastes" best in which proportions.   Bet you are really having fun with this and that its been a good learning experience for you.   That's what it takes to figure out what separates an also ran call from a great one.   Looking good pard.   Thanks for sharing the walk down the path with us.

L.

USN 1967-1971

Thou shalt keep thy religious beliefs to thyself please.  Meus

Todd Rahm

Hey Joe thats a neat lil' call ya have there.  :congrats:

Arkyyoter

Thanks guys.....ya'll are some of my favorite folks for feedback.....always honest, knowledgeable,  and full of.................well, knowledge   :biggrin:  :innocentwhistle:  :roflmao:

On the more serious side, I sincerely appreciate the comments....I listen intently to a few, and ya'll are all part of that few...

Joe

bowjunkie

wow thats a sweet lil call Joe sorrry I was a day late but wasn't here yesterday  :yoyo:

keekee

Very diffrent look Joe! I like it! Looks good!

Brent