• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

More Hogs

Started by Carolina Coyote, November 14, 2012, 04:24:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carolina Coyote

I was down in Georgia again last week, Killed a couple more Hogs, The one in the picture weighted 260 lbs, Makes 4 for this year for me, I have more pictures but Photo-bucket is locking down on me, we have killed 8 at the Wanderosia this year and have more spotted. I skinned this one out and cut off the Hams, I brought one home and cooked it and was very good no wild taste at all, These hog eat good ,Peanuts , Soybeans, Corn, acorns. The rest of the Hog was taken to the processor to cut the Porkchops and the rest in sausage. I was not sure the Boar would be fit to eat but wanted to try it out and was very pleasently surprised. I will pick up the rest of the meat this weekend and will try out the Porkchops.cc

FinsnFur

I got hog hunting on my bucket list Carl, and your making me want some pulled pork for supper.

Another job well done Sir.  :congrats:
Let us know how the chops turn out.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyote101

You are having too much fun this year Carl.  :biggrin: Keep it up.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Hawks Feather

Once again, you are making me hungry.

Jerry

shaddragger

:wo: You got land down there CC or do you hunt with somebody?
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

Carolina Coyote

I have a good friend that owns a big portion of the land we hunt and some is leased, We don't normally have that many Hogs but this year with a lot of the fields planted in Peanuts and Soybeans and more rain than usual they moved in. As long as the wet lands get rain they will hang around but we have put a lot of pressure on them, We kind of like a small problem with them but the Farmers get all bent out of shape. cc

FOsteology

Those hogs will put a serious hurt on those soybeans and peanuts!

shaddragger

:yoyo: SWEET! You got to hit 'em when you can get 'em!
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

Carolina Coyote

You are right Fos , it is amazing how much damage they can do in one night, last year they wiped out a 5 ac Corn field in about two days. I am hearing that some Farms around us have some serious problems and having difficulty leasing the land to Farmers because of the Hogs doing damage to the crops. So far we have been able to minimize the damage on the Crops. cc

centerfire_223

Sounds like we may have to do some hog extermination while we are down there.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

Carolina Coyote

I was moving my pictures around in Photo bucket and had to come back and put these in. cc