• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Are we Americans really that stupid?

Started by Hidehunter, December 18, 2012, 07:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hidehunter

I am almost to the point of nautiousness.  I keep reading all of reports and articles and things written by these people who are pushing for gun control and a ban on AR type rifles.  I seen where one guy wrote, and I quote...

" Here is a fact! Twenty little kids were shot multiple times with one! I think any argument about assault rifles would end right there."

I just wanted to walk up and kick this guy right in the boys and say "USE SOME COMMON SENSE"

I also seen a picture that just said "To honestly believe that taking guns away from Law-Abiding citizens will make those citizens safer requires a special kind of stupid".  I believe that it hits the nail right on the head.  I would love to sit down and have a sensable discussion with Slow Joe (Joe Manchin).   I am amazed at how many political lapdogs out there couldn't tell you any specifications on this gun, make up BS on what a part is or it's use, and incorrectly scream "statistics" meant to place this gun in a negative light. If you don't know anything about guns, learn their capabilities, their faults, their uses before going off on a meaningless rant aimed at manipulating people who don't know/touch guns into thinking that this is an evil piece of machinery. And of course everybody just eats it like candy.

This is for those people who are yelling 'Gun Control' and 'Ban AR type rifles'...I think that if your going to comment on the subject of guns that you should educate yourself a little better, otherwise it makes the educated and properly trained gun owners very irritated that the uneducated people are the ones talking about stricter gun laws. You should educate yourselves fully about ANY subject involving political or law making decisions in my opinion.  Joe Blow on the 34th floor of a high-rise (who has never touched a gun in his life) is talking about how these guns should be banned because they are such a deadly weapon and built for murder.  His voice is heard just as loud as the gentleman who gives the ccw classes or the gentleman who has made a career on firearm safety.  Do you see my point?

If a psychotic bus driver flips out and drives a bus load of children over a cliff are we gonna ban busses and say 'problem solved'.  I pray this never happens but would somebody please explain to me the difference.

These politicians get on the media and blame guns but never have you heard of them addressing the real problem.  Every shooter as of late have been in their 20's. This is a generation of kids that have been sat down in front of a TV and a game console to baby sit them while the parents are to busy to make time for them.  They dont recieve any teachings on morals, right and wrong and discipline.  I know its been said before but the truth is the truth.

If these people want to talk statistics then lets talk.  We will start with the fact that every single mass murder in the US since WWII has taken place in a gun free zone (except 1, which was the attack on congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords in Tucson in 2011). Lets look at the last 2 since they are the most recent...the Aurora shooter, who killed twelve people earlier this year, had a choice of seven movie theaters that were showing the Batman movie he was obsessed with. All were within a 20-minute drive of his home. The Cinemark Theater the killer ultimately chose wasn’t the closest, but it was the only one that posted signs saying it banned concealed handguns carried by law-abiding individuals. All of the other theaters allowed the approximately 4 percent of Colorado adults who have a concealed-handgun permit to enter with their weapons. The CT shooting (which is one heartbreaking incident) happened inside a school where guns are not permitted. No, Im not saying let the kids pack pistols!!

Our 2nd ammendment right has nothing to do with hunting. The main reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. (Thomas Jefferson) The Founding Fathers recognized the importance of the right of "We The People" to rise up and overthrow any government who attempts to strip us of our liberties and freedoms reducing us from a free people to sheep living under the tyranny of an all powerful political class.  Our Founders never intended for power to be from the top down, but from the people up. It appears that everything has been flipped on its head.  I don't need "permission" from this government to own a gun like this. This corrupt government long ago has forgotten that "We the People" are the Masters and they are the Servants.

I may just be a hillbilly from West Virginia but the way i see it is not every American is a willing sheep eager to give up their liberty and freedom to a bunch of corrupt bureaucrats in DC, who get rich and think of themselves as the ruling class, scapegoating others to keep people from focusing on the real problem, which happens to be themselves.

I know I have been ranting and raving but the ignorance of my countrymen as of late has absolutly blown my mind.  I know 95% of you guys feel the same as I do but what do we do about it?  I'm positive that Slow Joe got numerous calls and somehow he will back peddle in order to win the next office he runs for.  What is sad is that many people will forget all about this instance.  Do they think he was 'just kidding'?  I'll ask again...Are we Americans really that stupid??
Denver                                           

coyote101

Well put sir. That pretty much sums up how I feel too.  :argh:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

yotefever

You took the words right out of my mouth but you did string them together better than I do.  :congrats:

I wish I got a dollar for every time I heard the shooter used a 233 caliber 'AW'( what ever an assault weapon is?????). One guy says it and the rest just repeat the babble.
I have not seen the major media apologizing for all the mistakes they made while trying to 'get the story out'. If I worked like that I would be walked off the job site and sent back to the hall. 
http://www.whitcombministries.org/
http://www.answersingenesis.org/
"My Jeep won a war...Your Honda mows my yard !"

Todd Rahm

weedwalker

I'm still wondering why the 1st cops on the scene said the shooter had 2 pistols with him in the school and found the AR in his car, then later on the story changed to all were shot with the AR? I don't trust our government.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

Hidehunter

Thats just the all powerful media spoonfeeding the sheeple!!
Denver                                           

FinsnFur

Quote from: Hidehunter on December 18, 2012, 07:44:42 PM
...Are we Americans really that stupid??

:sad: Yep! many are. Many are, thats why were in this situation.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Carolina Coyote

It is very easy for the anti's to jump on Guns and the NRA instead of looking at the real problem, this kid had mental problems and now they think his mom was trying to get help for him and he though she was trying to get rid of him. Also all these movies with total violence and the video games with total violence, Obama from gitgo has been planning to take the guns away from everyone yet look at all the idiots that voted for him. The shooting was a horrible thing and makes me sick to my stomach to even think about the horror those  kids went through and it made easy fodder for the anti's, that kid could have done the same thing with a Baseball bat if they are going to do it they will find a way. With the morals of this country going to hell nothing surprises me anymore.  :rolleye: cc

KySongDog

Most of us are like minded when it comes to guns.  So we preach to the choir when we post here.   

There are a lot of folks who know nothing about guns except what the media tells them.  Guns are evil and bad.   Even Bill O'Reilly was talking about the AK-15 as bad.  (He meant to say AK-47 but he doesn't know the difference)

If they can, they will ban ALL semi auto firearms.  There goes your semi auto shotgun. 

What I want to know is when they ban all the guns, WHO is going to protect us from our government?

FinsnFur

Quote from: Semp on December 19, 2012, 06:13:04 PM
What I want to know is when they ban all the guns, WHO is going to protect us from our government?

Well I know who would do it for real cheap. The Islamic and Al-Qaeda
Actually thats so possible it's eery :sad:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hidehunter

I was thinking today, I always said that I would die before I gave up my guns and most likely thats the way it would be...but honestly all that would have to happen is for them to threaten my family.  If I had to choose between them and my guns then there would be no decision.  I hope and pray no measures are ever laid down before us like that.  I never put anything past the All Powerful Government and the Obamanites anymore.  I know, I know Im just paranoid...I hear it all the time  :shrug:
Denver                                           

kyfuzzyface

Fuzzy

yotefever

Quote from: Carolina Coyote on December 19, 2012, 09:11:41 AM
With the morals of this country going to hell nothing surprises me anymore.  :rolleye: cc

X2
I bet within 7 years pedophilia will be another 'alternate life style'. 
http://www.whitcombministries.org/
http://www.answersingenesis.org/
"My Jeep won a war...Your Honda mows my yard !"

Todd Rahm

No, we are not, but the stupid ones will run to us for protection when the shit hits the fan.....................that ya can count on!!!

Hidehunter

They may not believe in Guns or God, and that is their right.  But you can bet when a crack head breaks into their house the first things they are gonna do is call someone with a gun and Pray they get there in time  :eyebrownod:
Denver