• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

made my first lanyard

Started by MattS, March 20, 2007, 07:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MattS

Well I just spent two hours making my first lanyard using Al's tutorial.  Thank you Al for the tutorial, it was a great help.  Anyway, after two hours of that paracord sliding threw my fingers.  I got a big'o blister popping up.  Has this happened to others.  Once you get in a rytham on these thing it is hard to stop.  I didn't even realize my finger was burning.

No pictures yet.  It is part of a much bigger project.

Hawks Feather

I haven't made enough to have to worry about it, but I know that Whitehare has picked up a few blisters.

Jerry

WhiteHare

Blisters have now turned into Calluses. 

What I get more than anything now is finger cramps..  :biggrin:
WhiteHare Lanyards
Richard Hughes

www.white-hare.com
whitehare@white-hare.com

THO Game Calls

Happnes to me too, blisters and cramps.  For the blisters, vet wrap works very well and so does white first aide tape.

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

MattS

The longer I sit here and the feeling gets back in my hand, I am starting to feel more blistering.  That piece was almost 6 foot long by the time I got done.  Ouch, hurts to type.

Hawks Feather

Now you know why I would rather spin calls.

Jerry

guywildstorm

Look at it this way..................at least you dont get woodchips in your eye!!!

It gets better the more you do.

Guy
Clark's Custom Calls & Lanyards

THO Game Calls

Wood chips in your eye  -  phooey - any real man can handle wood chips in the eye

It's those big honking blocks of cocobolo that come flying off at 4000 RPM that will bring you to your knees   :roflmao:

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results