• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

There goes the neighborhood...

Started by Coulter, March 26, 2013, 08:08:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coulter

Well not really...we're getting a Cabela's 10 minutes from my house. Better yet it will be right behind Buffalo Wild Wings :yoyo: :yoyo:ask me. :highclap: Have some Guinness and wings then go shopping at Cabela's - now that's a win-win if you ask me

It just has to be approved by our township supervisors, but they would be fools not to approve something like that. It's supposed to be open prior to the opening of the PA Deer season from what I've heard.

yotefever

Cabelas is my 5 y/o granddaughters favorite store.  :highclap:
Not sure what is her favorite thing there, the walk through aquarium, shooting range, the African and WI animal exhibits, all the full mounts on the 'mountain' or smelling all the candles?   :laf:
http://www.whitcombministries.org/
http://www.answersingenesis.org/
"My Jeep won a war...Your Honda mows my yard !"

kyfuzzyface

Yep , There is one opening in Louisville Ky April 11th  :highclap:
Only about 50 miles North from Me !!
Fuzzy

FinsnFur

Actually I believe it is the Hamburg store trying to relocate to Millcreek, isnt it? I might be wrong.
Either way kudos to the new neighbors. :yoyo:

We have a store AND a distribution center here that I worked at for a short while. It was a huge economy burst to the community too.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Ladobe

Same here.   Las Vegas lost some prime land useable for something of value when they built a Bass Pro Shop on it in 2004.   :rolleye:

USN 1967-1971

Thou shalt keep thy religious beliefs to thyself please.  Meus

Bopeye

Quote from: Coulter on March 26, 2013, 08:08:26 AM
Have some Guinness and wings then go shopping at Cabela's - now that's a win-win if you ask me

That's not a bad way to spend a day at all Coulter. I am happy for you. Maybe one of these days I will make it up that way and we can go "shopping" together.  :eyebrownod:

When I was a kid in 1981, we lived a little over 20 miles west of the original Cabela's store in Sidney, Nebraska. I lived in a little town called Kimball then. The store wasn't much bigger than a two story gas station in those days. The most vivid memory I have of the place was a huge stuffed Polar Bear standing tall. It was the first thing you saw when you walked in and it was impressive and somewhat intimidating to a 12 year old boy. I think my mom still has some pictures somewhere of my brother and me standing in front of that thing.

We didn't have much money back then. Jimmy Carter hadn't been out of office long enough yet.  :laf: Anywho, Dad use to load us up every once in awhile on a Saturday and take us to Cabela's and then we would go across the street to the first Kentucky Fried Chicken place I ever visited. I fell in love with Kentucky chicken right then and there.........and it surely shows now.
I had no idea at the time that within a year dad was going to load us up and bring us to Dixie and I was going to get to eat at the first KFC. That's up by our dear Mr. Weedwalker.

Sorry for all the story telling. I just hadn't seen y'all in awhile and been missing my internet family. Seems like the only time I am on a computer anymore, someone has me stuck in my office making our new "paperless" society a reality.  :doh2:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free