• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Looking For Brass??

Started by Carolina Coyote, March 28, 2013, 09:17:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks Feather

And for only $10,000 right now.  Dirt cheap if you need that much.

Jerry

Edit:  Too bad it isn't like eBay where you can see who the winning bidder is.  It will probably go to China or Japan.

Carolina Coyote

You are probably right Jim, the Chinese will buy that and rework it and sell it back to the US. I went thru that site and there is ton and ton of that stuff.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

FinsnFur

Thats lot of brass. And I can imagine it's all junk.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Carolina Coyote

If you look at some of the pictures, I agree it looks like junk but makes you wonder were all the once fired 5.56 brass comes from, with the right equipment you can make it look new?? cc

JohnP

When we had our ammo shop (Arizona Ammo Bunker) we use to bid on all the brass fired on Fort Huachuca, .223 and .308  We always won the bid due to the fact that we had no large transportation cost.  We had two large cement mixer that we washed it in, using hot water, small amount of Tide and citric acid.  Dried it outside on a screening rack, than another short tumble in ground up corn cobs - looked better than most store bought brass. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

CCP

Thats approximately 620 grand just in scrap. Wonder what that would be worth deprimed,cleaned and packaged in 100 round cartons??  :confused:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Carolina Coyote

Interesting comment Mr. John, Did you resale?  I like your method for cleaning. cc

JohnP

We had a little reloading shop, sold re-manufactured .223 and .308.  Sold new .45, .38 and .357 everything made in our shop.  Sold under the label of Arizona Ammo Bunker and TAPS.  Had a good time but then we got an offer from a big company for a buy out.  It was just to good to pass up so we sold.  Part of the deal was a no competition clause and no disclosure of the company who bought. 

Hawks Feather

Quote from: JohnP on March 30, 2013, 12:11:32 PM
We had a little reloading shop

When you tumble brass in a cement mixer I don't think you will qualify as a "little" shop.   :rolleye:

Jerry

Carolina Coyote

There is a lot of that Brass that is available and it would be interesting to know what the final bids turn out to be. It is still hard for me to believe with all the Ammo Manufacturers in this country that they cannot keep up with the demand and be a year behind, me thinks the sneaky gubberment we have now is trying to get ammo out of the hands of the people that will stand up against them because they know trouble is brewing over the downfall of the US dollar. Its not a matter if its gonna happen its when and may be a lot sooner than most people believe. cc

Hawks Feather

Looks like the bidding is starting to get serious - $102,000 right now.

Jerry

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Carolina Coyote

WOW the bidding is getting really serious now. CC   $1,650,500.00

Hawks Feather

Who said brass was cheap - $1,690,500.00

Jerry

Carolina Coyote

Don't look like they plan on using it for scrap, it now makes you wonder who's buying??? cc

Hawks Feather

Quote from: Carolina Coyote on April 01, 2013, 08:27:23 AM
Don't look like they plan on using it for scrap, it now makes you wonder who's buying??? cc

I think obama is going to buy it as a gift for china.

Jerry

Carolina Coyote

JohnP

Quote from: Carolina Coyote on April 01, 2013, 08:27:23 AM

Carl - There is a fairly good number of little shops around the country that buy this stuff, either to load as re-manufactured stuff or to melt down and sell. Like I said earlier we use to buy tons from Fort Huachuca.  I think you will find that Black Hills Ammo buys a good majority of it.  At times we would sell as much as 18 to 20,000 rounds per week of just .223.  We use to keep three people employeed full time just on the .223 and .308 stuff.