• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

laminate

Started by DDCalls, March 24, 2007, 02:51:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DDCalls

First shot at this.  Had some pen blanks laying around and decided to put them to good use.  Tell me what you think.

David

This was a couple of waste pieces I had and decided to make a closed reed and a matching squealer.

THO Game Calls

Well, with all the other stuff going on, looks like we missed your calls!  Hou RUDE.

Anyway, it looks like you have the laminating part down pretty good.

Sometimes, with waste blocks, you can use them to put ends on calls.  A lot of the exotic woods will look very pretty when turned against the grain. 

I've made some laminated calls out of pen blanks before too.  You can get some niecly figured blanks, but man, sometimes they are as much as an entire block of wood. 

What kind of glue did you use to put them together?   They really look well done.

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

FinsnFur

Quote from: THO Game Calls on March 25, 2007, 07:18:39 PM
Well, with all the other stuff going on, looks like we missed your calls!  Hou RUDE.

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com

:roflmao: You need to type louder Dave  :wink:

I like em. Definitely a little different look compared to the horizontal laminates that dominate recently.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

DDCalls

I used Tightbond2 Premium wood glue.  Let me tell you, that stuff sets up quick.  You have about 3 minutes to position everything and get it clamped before it starts to set HARD!  Good stuff though.