• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Big Bass and a Boat Wreck

Started by Hidehunter, April 08, 2013, 07:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hidehunter

Got out on Saturday and enjoyed the 60° weather we were having. I caught a nice bass that I didnt weigh or measure. Upon returning to the ramp to load up, we were coming around a real sharp hairpin narrow curve and met a nice Ranger boat. We were in my buddies triton. We were cruisin about 50 mph and the other boat was doing about the same. We swerved right and they went the same way. We swerved about 3 times in those few seconds and it was like looking in a mirror as the other boat was doing the exact same thing. When we realized we were going to hit head on my buddy cut it as hard as he cud toward the bank to crash there to keep from hitting the other guys. They did the same thing and the boats collided side to side. I was almost thrown out but it knocked my buddy on top of me and that kept me in. Nobody was seriously hurt thank god. It busted the triton above the rubber rail so we wldidnt take on water. The 60k dollar ranger was busted below and above the rail and their bildge cane on instantly. Luckily they were able to sit on one side and keep the majority of damage above water line. We called police and limped back to dock. Ranger is totaled Im sure and we dont know about the triton yet. Just thankful nobody got killed.

As for the good part of the day...here is my bass. I have it on video to and Il edit it and post later.

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

Denver                                           

coyote101

Boats are just stuff and can be replaced. Thankfully no one was injured.  :whew:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Hawks Feather

I have to agree with Pat.  While we may love boats, they are things.  People on the other hand are harder to replace. Glad you caught a good fish and sorry a about the boat.

Jerry

FinsnFur

That just gives me chills. I really despise going fast in boats. I've seen some pretty horrific mishaps.
THANK GOD you and your fishing partner are ok. I cant imagine what was going through your minds those last few seconds when your doing everything your instincts tell you to do...and it only gets worse as the seconds tick by.

Nice bass for sure. I'm gonna guess around 23-24 inches :highclap:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

JohnP

What everyone else said, thank God.  Had my former Sergeant Major killed in a boat accident just a few short months ago. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Dave

That could've been real ugly.  Glad no one was hurt.
Very nice bass! Be sure to post that video.

Hidehunter

Yes it could have been so much worse. As we were about to hit I was just thinkin bout hugging my little girl. The good Lord was lookin out for us.

Jim, I was guessin somewhere around 23".

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

Denver                                           

KySongDog

Sounds like the boys in the Ranger are at fault to me.  A boat is supposed to turn right when meeting another boat head on or mostly head on.  It sounds like the Ranger turned left. 

Glad no one was hurt.

Hawks Feather

Quote from: Semp on April 09, 2013, 12:43:39 PM
Sounds like the boys in the Ranger are at fault to me.  A boat is supposed to turn right when meeting another boat head on or mostly head on.  It sounds like the Ranger turned left.

The driver couldn't let go of the wheel to point his index fingers to the sky and put his thumbs out at 90 degree so that one makes the letter L and the other one doesn't.  So it really wasn't his fault because he just didn't know left from right.    :iroll:

Jerry