• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Turkeyquest 2013.

Started by nastygunz, May 16, 2013, 12:30:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

Well it has been a wild and woolly 2013 wild turkey hunting season. It has been cold, and rained and been some strange weather. I have seen barely any birds out in the fields at all. I have been hunting the weekends with my older brother who is new to the turkey hunting game. He had a nice Tom come up behind him about 10 feet away, and then run behind him and myself at about 15 feet and make his escape. That sure got him fired up! We finally struck pay dirt about 9 o'clock one morning when I saw a big Tom across the top of a field through my monocular. I had my brother get ready and then I started calling on my box call. Shortly I saw the big Tom in full strut and another Tom trailing him in heading down the field towards us and our decoys. The boss Tom came over the crest of the field and saw the hen decoys and went into full strut at which point my brother let loose with his 12 gauge over and under shotgun. The Tom dropped like a rock and my brother had his first turkey, a shade over 20 pounds with a 9 inch beard. I think he may be a turkey addict now! I am still on the hunt for my bird. During the course of the hunt we have seen 3 coyotes, 2 bears, a porcupine, 2 deer, and lots of birds and squirrels:

coyote101

Way to go Nasty.  :yoyo: Congratulations to you and your brother.  :congrats:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

nastygunz

Thanks!..back at em this weekend!

HaMeR

Congratulations to both of you nasty!!!!!!!!   :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

I missed this one :sad:
Nice work Nasty and bro in tow :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

Thanks guys...came real close Saturday no shot though..did have a bear in front of us and one behind us grazing in the fields...one got to 50 yards and I had to tell him to git..keeps you awake..first time ever had a partridge hop on a stump 30 feet from us and start drumming,pretty awesome!