• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

First night on the water

Started by markTNhunter, June 09, 2013, 08:08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markTNhunter

The wife and I took our first night fishing trip of the season last night it was kinda of slow start but we ended up with 14 keeper Crappie the size limit on the lake we were fishing is 10 inches and can keep 10 per Pearson we through back probly 30 and a half dozen white bass. A good night until we started back to the boat dock and the boat quite LMAO it would start back and idol but when I would put it in gear and try to throttle it up it would die so we had an hour and a half boat ride using the electric trolling motor!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

FinsnFur

Thats a nice mess of Crappies! Wish I coulda went with. And a what is that?...Looks like a bass in the one shot.
The boat ordeal didnt ruin the fishing though, and thankfully everyones safe :congrats:
Thanks for sharing it Mark
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

markTNhunter

Jim that's a big slabb crappie it was right at 15inchs and yea I've been in much worse situations out on the water it was no big deal just along trip back not near as bad as getting lost in the Fogg not knowing where the hell your at now that's a bad situation been there and done that a couple times but that was before GPS came along so I don't worry about that anymore.

Dave

Looks like a good night based on that stringer.  Sounds like a good sized lake also, if it took you an hour and a half to get back.  Do you use the fish finder to find them and then set up shop?

markTNhunter

Dave it is a very big lake 810 miles of shoreline!Yes I use the fish finder to find th right dept and structure but the real key is the lights and drawing in the bait fish when the bait comes the fish fallow.